Active Topics

HI there from Italy.

I have the reboot problem too..it happens randomly while using the phone.

Bought in London Nokia store, using vodafone sim..

Very disappointed..

Cheers

Luca

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Denmark
Just to join the choir:

I have exactly the same experince with random reboots.10-20 reboots a day. One of the reboots actually "bricked" the phone so I had to reflash the firmware.

I live in denmark, bought through a danish retailer and I am using a TDC sim in it.

I am going to get the unit replaced as soon as possible.

/Lasse

just had my first reboot after 37 hours, phone been well used. i had just filmed the kids making cakes, went to end filming and it reboot, clip is there but it wont play, displays error message

Sorry for stupid question but I need to know how to see the boot's reason log file in order to see which caused mine (32wd_to or sw_rst)..

I know it sounds too "easy" for all you genius out there..

thanks in advance..

L

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Brighton, UK
You need to open the xterminal application and type the following command:

cat /proc/bootreason

The Following User Says Thank You to PhilE For This Useful Post:
thanks Phile..really appreciate that

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Brighton, UK
You're welcome.

Now that I've had my replacement N900 for several hours, I've had a chance to play with it some more. I know that this is going to sound odd and I have no hard evidence to back it up, but...the replacement seems to work a whole lot better than my original one in several respects, not just in the lack of reboots, for example:

The audio quality on voice calls seems better. Less muffled somehow and with enough extra 'top' to help hear the caller when you're in a noisy environment.

The GPS is quicker to get a lock and there seems to be less of a tendency for your position to 'wander' on the map.

The battery doesn't seem to be getting used up at such a fearsome rate.

The camera doesn't suffer from annoying reflections of the flash coming of the chrome-style plastic surround.

As I say, I've no real evidence to back these claims up, but I'm a lot happier with this new one than with the original.

Edit: Not strictly true...see this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36675

For some pictures I took with the old and the new, showing the flash problem.

Last edited by PhilE; 2009-12-14 at 00:09.

had my replacement for 3 days now and i have notice the battery life is much better than my previous one that kept rebooting.

anyone had reboots only when using the browser? and do i need the bugtracker to input this: cat /proc/bootreason ?

Thanks!

Last edited by vgasmo; 2009-12-14 at 11:57.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
I have read all that, old news. That is part of the point, it is OLD news. Nokia is still spitting out these faulty devices at a rate of one for every 9 good ones. This is unacceptable for any manufactoring process, it is completely out of line by several orders of magnitude.

To say that a "fix" is to replace a faulty unit is wrong. It is NOT a fix as long as the fault rate of these new units still are 10%. Nokia is simply dodging the issue alltogether, leaving the basic QA to the customers. Now, if the fault rate was 0.01% or even 0.1%, this is acceptable, but 10% is not, not by a long shot.
that is because nobody knows what really is the problem. because the nature of 32wd_to reboots is totally random, it is understandable that it really is hard to reproduce anything.

lets just say that nokia doesn't come here and delete these threads and bugs from bugzilla:
http://www.reddit.com/r/apple/commen...their_support/
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Tags
lack of quality control