Poll: Is Your Front Camera Working? (N900)
Poll Options
Is Your Front Camera Working? (N900)

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
That goes all to NOkia phone front camera. All rubbish 0.3megpix cmos.
Yes what is up with that, from 1.3mp to 0.3?

they are all the same to nokia get the software working right
(+ the size of the screen will be very small like on the n97, when using that cam, the mirror app makes it full screen, and it will be about 1/3 of that when using as a video phone, you can change the mirror app to do the 1/3 size to get an idea, but it will get better, it was just not tested on the software side of things as nokia had no software to test installed)

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
The resolution of the front cam is just fine, it makes absolutely no sense to push it any higher. It's the noise that is the killer.

PS No front cam was 1.3, they were all 0.3

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hamburg, Germany
Originally Posted by mmurfin87 View Post
Does anybody have a link to the announcement that it will be fixed? I keep hearing people say this, and not that I don't believe them, but I just want to read the announcement myself and see what else they talked about.
Well, this bug says the dark band will be fixed, but it doesn't say anything about the overall image quality.
I'd also like to know if there's any information anywhere on improved quality.

The Following User Says Thank You to jfk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ UK - London
Originally Posted by jfk View Post
Well, this bug says the dark band will be fixed, but it doesn't say anything about the overall image quality.
I'd also like to know if there's any information anywhere on improved quality.
Happy to know at least its not a problem just with my handset and hopefully it will get fixed and some use for the front camera will be found.

My camera is also working, but it also has this odd vertical line on the right hand side. And it's supposed to be fixed in the next update afaic, so no complaints from me then.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hove, UK
I'm relieved that everyone else seems to have the same problem. Really, really didn't want an RMA situation.

it's been almost 3 weeks since i got this phone, paid for $600 us, and i feel like it's not worthy the price, this phone to me, i think it's not ready for the market yet, too many problems with this phone, yet, surely nokia will fix all the issues in the coming firmwares, but when those firmwares are alvailable, the new phone will come out with just all problem fixed as on the n900, why nokia so rushed to letting this out, as for the front camera issue, i think many of us would use the front camera right, then would nokia dont know this issue before they let out? wouldnt they test it before it out? then why would they let this product out even they knew the issues? i feel like i got ripped off.

Originally Posted by jianhui11 View Post
it's been almost 3 weeks since i got this phone, paid for $600 us, and i feel like it's not worthy the price, this phone to me, i think it's not ready for the market yet, too many problems with this phone, yet, surely nokia will fix all the issues in the coming , but when those firmwares are alvailable, the new phone will come out with just all problem fixed as on the n900, why nokia so rushed to letting this out, as for the front camera issue, i think many of us would use the front camera right, then would nokia dont know this issue before they let out? wouldnt they test it before it out? then why would they let this product out even they knew the issues? i feel like i got ripped off.
I thought everyone here talking about front camera problems.
I see your point but it is kind off topic in this discussion.
Many people wanted this phone to be released earlier than that with out fixed firmware....

My camera is working but the quality is sooooo bad. I even was thinking: Why they put it in to this phone. To say the quality is horrible is to say nothing about front camera quality.
I tasted it with mirror application because i do not know any other way to turn this camera on.

Originally Posted by dinis_2003 View Post
I thought everyone here talking about front camera problems.
I see your point but it is kind off topic in this discussion.
Many people wanted this phone to be released earlier than that with out fixed firmware....

My camera is working but the quality is sooooo bad. I even was thinking: Why they put it in to this phone. To say the quality is horrible is to say nothing about front camera quality.
I tasted it with mirror application because i do not know any other way to turn this camera on.
There have been a number of threads on taking pictures with the cameras. Just a few hours ago, there was a post with a script that will take a picture with either camera every N seconds.