Any way to set the region to English (australia)? It's really annoying to have all the country fields default to England...

Originally Posted by zombiepig View Post
Any way to set the region to English (australia)? It's really annoying to have all the country fields default to England...
wouldn't mind setting mine to NZ as well.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
Yeah good one. Me too. You can select Australian region when setting up email accounts though.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by janszoon View Post
wouldn't mind setting mine to NZ as well.
Same here.

Select USA GMT+10. Should get you the right clock settings (unless you're daylight savings.)

I found initially setting my home city to london got most of the locale settings correct. Then I simply changed my timezone to Darwin in the clock settings. Apparently SMS's ignore this tz setting (only have a data plan so I cant confirm). In that case setting it manually may be required... (sorry Kronk.. stole your thunder )

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
Yeah I set mine to GMT 10+ but I was worried about daylight saving. The time has been right ever since I set it up though, so somehow it has picked I am in daylight savings time (+11) and set the time appropriately.

i would appreciate this feature too. for me it is not so much the time-zone settings, but when i go to add an address to a contact their default country is always the country that is selected in the region-settings.

not a huge issue, but a real frustration when quickly adding contact details, and majority of my contacts are locatd in Australia.

You change the region to Australia by going to Settings > Date and Time > Timezone and then just click on Australia in the map.

Worked for me.

that changes the timezone, but not the default country used when adding addresses and such...