Active Topics

Notices

Ok I ran flipclock from a console last night. Alarm went off fine this morning. I hit snooze. I think it went off again (can't remember) and then I hit snooze again and it never went back off. It was sitting at the turn alarm off/snooze screen when I finally woke up. I piped stdout to a file but I noticed that I did get one error on stderr:
http://www.copypastecode.com/17489/

Do the sound files only loop a max of 5 times? If that is true, I guess it is possible that I could have shamefully slept through all 5 loops.. Tomorrow I will try again and instead of going back to sleep after pressing snooze, I will get up and wait and see if it does actually go off.

Last edited by esaym; 2009-12-11 at 15:30.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by esaym View Post
Do the sound files only loop a max of 5 times? If that is true, I guess it is possible that I could have shamefully slept through all 5 loops..
I did some checking through the code and it turns out that I had a "max of 5 loops" statement in the looping function because I was trying to troubleshoot the "no sound" problem a while ago and it locking up with infinite loops if the sound couldn't be played! (lol I opened up the source file and saw a counter variable called "bahbah" and thought to myself "What the heck is that?!?!?" lol) Needless to say that wasn't supposed to be in the release, and is probably the cause of your problem! I'll eliminate that when I implement the default alarm sound thing as qole suggested.

Sorry about that! Thanks for pointing it out though, I might have forgotten about it!

The Following User Says Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Right now Flip is still having some issues with working fully on N900 (it crashes sometimes apparently), but any feedback you can give will help me fix it as I don't have a N900 to test with!
Hey :O)
No pun intended, and no offense, but it doesn't work at all on the N900, as said above, it'll crash everytime a redraw is done, like when the minute changes. So currently is unuseable on the N900.

Okay awesome feedback thanks! Let me do some playing around in the SDK here and see if I can reproduce it! With the "every minute segfaults", is that when in Night mode, or just any mode?
It's in day mode, basically when the minute is up, and I assume the minute flip animation is to take place, that's where the above error occurs.

I don't know if it does it in night mode, as it can't be switched to nightmode currently, as it also segfaults when switching to nightmode as said above.

If there's anything you need me to test on the N900 etc in order to fix these issues, go ahead, say so, and I'll get it done.

Okay everyone it's been a bit busier that I'd thought but finally I've gotten to another release point:

For Maemo 4.x
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa....9.7_armel.deb

and Maemo 5
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...ntle_armel.deb

I still have no idea if the Maemo5 version will even run without crashing almost immediately (thanks for pointing that out and offering to help 白い熊) but I've posted in the hope that maybe something I've changed lately will help. The thing still runs perfectly on my Maemo5 SDK, on Maemo4, and on every other Linux machine I've thrown it at so far, so until I can come up with some reason that it's different it's a trial and error thing...

A word of warning! Updating will clear your previous alarms! So make sure you know what they are/were first!

Anyways on to the goodies: Here's what's new/changed/exciting in this release:
  • Snooze Slider Snooze time can now be set to any number of minutes you want between 1 and 59 using the slider interface. If you want to disable snooze, just set it to 0.
  • UI graphics tweaks I've tweaked the defaultFlip graphics some more as per requests and just gerenally. The buttons are now consistent and with black text. The mood colouring works much better. A few other little tweaks here and there. Unless there are major complains this is probably the final version of the main Flip theme. The night theme, of course, needs a lot of work... but that's a different story.
  • Timer Since I started it and there was talk about it a while ago I finished it up... there's a basic "timer mode" that you can get to by dragging from the left side of the screen towards the right (opposite motion returns you to normal clock display). The "Reset" doesn't quite work properly, and I'm sure there will be a lot of comments saying "thats okay but it really is useless/out of place", so I'll probably ditch it, but at least it's there as a proof of concept for now...
  • Playlist folders Okay now to make up for that timer stuff... for each alarm, there's now a third "alert mode" option... "Folder". Click on the chooser icon, and it will let you select a folder instead of a single file. Then, choose "Random" or "Fixed", and you're good to go. When the alarm occurs, the first file in that folder will be played... when the file finishes (if the alarm hasn't been stopped/snoozed), the next file will play, etc. The files continue to play until you stop the alarm (so file1, file2, file3, file1, file2, etc). If you're on "random" then a random file will be choose each time instead of just the next one. Note that the random function is very basic and I make no promises about how "random" it will really be!. Also, while in this mode... if you hit snooze, the next time the alarm plays, the NEXT song will be played...
  • Bug fixes Eliminated the "5 times looped and no more sound" problem, a few minor memory issues, and some other little tweaks.

As always thanks everyone! Enjoy and give me feedback! I'm trying to hit an "official" release fairly soon!

Last edited by jolouis; 2009-12-15 at 18:58.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
On the N900 segfaults with the same error.

I watch the second triangle approach sixty, when it's at 58 seconds, I guess that's when the minute flip starts, it fails with the above mentioned segfault.

No change in behavior

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 白い熊 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Jolouis, the Main Flip Theme is PERFECT, thanks!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Jolouis, I have an alarm set problem. When it is 12:30pm, and I set an alarm for 12:45pm ( for 15 minutes from now ) in the main clock display it shows that the alarm is set to go off the next day at 12:45am. If I set the alarm for 1:00pm it will go off in 30 minutes like it should.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Jolouis, I have an alarm set problem. When it is 12:30pm, and I set an alarm for 12:45pm ( for 15 minutes from now ) in the main clock display it shows that the alarm is set to go off the next day at 12:45am. If I set the alarm for 1:00pm it will go off in 30 minutes like it should.
Fixed, I had a < than instead of <= thanks for pointing it out. I still have some concerns over the stability of audio playback (had the nice fortune of having my alarm this morning play a few songs that I seem to have slept through, then lockup completely)... I never did get a bad MP3 sent over my way, but maybe if I keep at it I'll find one of my own that causes the problem...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Jolouis, maybe a refinement on the default folder that contains our sound files. In the "Set Alarms" screen, "Mode" is set for "Sound", "Loop" is enabled, and I have already selected "Song.mp3" from the "Sounds" folder on my external memory card. Once I do this, it should remember that default folder so everytime I click on "Alarm Sound" the contents of that folder is displayed. Many times it reverts back to the internal flash which is where our applications are stored.

Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Okay everyone it's been a bit busier that I'd thought but finally I've gotten to another release point:

For Maemo 4.x
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa....9.7_armel.deb

and Maemo 5
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...ntle_armel.deb
Awesome!

I noticed you forgot to seed the random number generator, so although the tracks are chosen at random, you get the same tracks every time flip clock starts.
Perhaps adding this somewhere:

#include <time.h>

srand( (unsigned)time(NULL) );

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to esaym For This Useful Post: