Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by msa View Post
what exactly are .desktop-files?
when i click on .desktop to download from the websites, it asks me to save a .htm-file.

/edit:
ok, just saw that the .htm-file propably is supposed to be named .desktop.
after seeing whats inside, i understand what it does.

i guess all the 4 referenced wallpaper in the .desktop-file have to be in the same folder that the .desktop-file is?
I think that depends on how the creator of the .desktop file referenced the image files.

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Background Image
Name=Vintage Wallpaper
Hidden=True

X-File1=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/vintage_01.png
X-File2=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/vintage_02.png
X-File3=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/vintage_03.png
X-File4=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/vintage_04.png
X-Order=01
this is a example of my own wallpapers I made and it is referenced all image files with an absolute path.

so I could have copied them to /home/user/MyDocs/.documents and referenced them like this:

X-File1=/home/user/MyDocs/.documents/vintage_01.png
in the .desktop file you'd still be able to see them.

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by rapante View Post
I think that depends on how the creator of the .desktop file referenced the image files.

this is a example of my own wallpapers I made and it is referenced all image files with an absolute path.

so I could have copied them to /home/user/MyDocs/.documents and referenced them like this:

in the .desktop file you'd still be able to see them.
sounds plausible

i'll try that out when i have my n900.... which will propably happen in OVER 9000 YEARS...

nice work, thanks very much.

What does "Sync" do on n900wallpapers ? Also, I downloaded all the pics and .desktop file from the website and put them in pictures folder. When I tried applying the wallpaper, I was unable to edit the desktop (from menu) and was only able to do so after deleting .desktop file. Any suggestion ?

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Theres some thing wrong with the desktop files. When downloading them there saved as desktop files and not .desktop files. Also when downloading the wallpapers and desktop files and placing them in the .images folder you cannot change the desktop files. When clicking on the change background it crashes out and then all my icons dissapear and my widgets get deleted..

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by mklass View Post
Theres some thing wrong with the desktop files. When downloading them there saved as desktop files and not .desktop files. Also when downloading the wallpapers and desktop files and placing them in the .images folder you cannot change the desktop files. When clicking on the change background it crashes out and then all my icons dissapear and my widgets get deleted..
Having the same problem here.

Don't know if this is a PR1.1 thing or not but the .desktop files I download from N900 Wallpapers work fine now. I just download the images, and desktop to my images folder and hey presto, they just work.

I know this has been mentioned before, but I still have a problem with the site navigation missing the first letter all the way down the left.

Anyone else get this?

Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Don't know if this is a PR1.1 thing or not but the .desktop files I download from N900 Wallpapers work fine now. I just download the images, and desktop to my images folder and hey presto, they just work.
Yeah the .desktop files seem to be including the full path to the images now. You had to add it manually a couple weeks ago when I first tried it.

I couldn't figure out the .desktop thing either. But I just used "Save Wallpapers" and manually changed each.

That aside, awesome site, love it! I am using hte Super Mario Galaxy walls right now =0)