I was thinking of holding a maemo meet and greet for anyone that lives in or near Washington D.C. IT would likely be located at a bar but we could hold it elsewhere for those under 21.

How about next Saturday? The 19th? Anyone got an idea for location? I was thinking Fado's in Chinatown since it's Metro accessible.

You don't have to own the N900 to come.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-12-11 at 20:03.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seoul, South Korea
Wish I was living in DC still. I moved to Korea about 6 months ago. I was living in Courthouse. Good times. Let me know how it goes. I got mobilecityonline.com to ship me an N900 though!

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Dude! Of all the days to do that, the 19th is the one weekend this month where I can't make that drive. Dang office Christmas party with bonuses and other annual awards XD

Would love to be there though.

Well the date is up in the air and not many people have responded. I'm fine with any weekend since that's the only time I am free. But Charlotte, NC to D.C. is a long drive..

I know cause my family does the opposite at least once a year.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
No, not a long drive at all. I go back and forth to fam in Philly (driving) a few times a quarter (life determining availability of course). And just last weekend drove to and from Ohio (thru the snow storm at that). So no, DC isn't a prob.

I live in NOVA but I still haven't received my N900 that I ordered from Dell back in 11/5. Coming and seeing other people's phones would just piss me off.

I agree with the guy above... I'd feel kinda foolish going to a meetup, without actually owning the reason for the meetup (thanks Dell). And I'd probably just get frustrated all over again. Great idea though!

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I was thinking of holding a maemo meet and greet for anyone that lives in or near Washington D.C. IT would likely be located at a bar but we could hold it elsewhere for those under 21.

How about next Saturday? The 19th? Anyone got an idea for location? I was thinking Fado's in Chinatown since it's Metro accessible.

You don't have to own the N900 to come.
Interesting. I used to work next door to Fado, and the food and atmosphere is great.

I would recommend waiting until after the holidays to plan something like that...My other thought is to take a straw poll of folks wanting to come and possibly hold the meeting in VA or MD.

Thoughts?

I'd be interested in a meet up. I'm new to maemo, but loving my N900.

Yeah the date isn't locked in place so anytime on a weekend is fine with me. I'm also fine with holding the meeting in VA or MD though I'd prefer it to be Metro accessible. =P