Active Topics

The sync app easily transferred old calendar entries and contacts, but I couldn't find an option to transfer SMS messages. I also tried by taking a backup with Nokia PC Suite, but it didn't let me restore the message backup into N900.

Is there some way to tranfer SMS into Maemo 5 from Symbian device?

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Your SMS on your old phone are history now.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by pillar View Post
The sync app easily transferred old calendar entries and contacts, but I couldn't find an option to transfer SMS messages. I also tried by taking a backup with Nokia PC Suite, but it didn't let me restore the message backup into N900.

Is there some way to tranfer SMS into Maemo 5 from Symbian device?
I too would like to know this in anticipation for release. I have thousands of text messages I would like to preserve.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ DUBAI , UAE
if there is a vote i would like to add mine too ....
i really don't want all my old data to be an history ... i was stuck with symbian for years because of that ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amer19 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
All you can do is store them in a folder on your PC.

Done already ...

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by pillar View Post
I also tried by taking a backup with Nokia PC Suite, but it didn't let me restore the message backup into N900.
what exactly did you do, and did you get an error message?

exporting all the messages into a .csv file and importing them to the N900 should work, since .csv is just a text format.

if importing really doesn't work, it's a pc suite bug, and should be filed into bugzilla.

i don't have a N900 yet, else i would probably file that bug myself...

Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
what exactly did you do, and did you get an error message?

exporting all the messages into a .csv file and importing them to the N900 should work, since .csv is just a text format.

if importing really doesn't work, it's a pc suite bug, and should be filed into bugzilla.

i don't have a N900 yet, else i would probably file that bug myself...
that will do i Guess but what result we may get ??
i mean . dose it going to recognize AND organize the messages details like time date type (in , out , draft , custom folder ) or as sms or just notes ?
its just nokia have to add this support , instead of making us playing around to get it (ALMOST WORKS)

dear all:
regarding your question on transfer or sync your texts to nokia n900 (which I already tried it more than 20 times) there is no way you can trasfer all your sms to new nokia n900 since it is under a new operating system and I also confirmed with many technician and my geek friends...is a new program which only allowed you to sync contact info, calendar and notes...I am a bit upset too but worst come worst you can save it on your old phone or using pc suite and save them all on your pc....until then...good luck.but besides this...I really love the nokia n 900...if will be nice if I can save my texts as well.....

The Following User Says Thank You to inzimam For This Useful Post: