Active Topics

Green phone and red phone button to accept and reject calls and to start phone app. This is like the most important feature i need.

Open office port.

Port of Dalvik and android store, should not be tooo hard but will instantly give us thousands of apps.

Better keyboard. AKA more like G1 or at least 5 rows.

Built in VPN support for at least pptp, cisco

Built in support for SyncML.

Native port of putty.

Full port of all common linux command line tools like nslookup, mc, wget, bash, grep etc in one installable package.

More debian support.

Decent call list.

Vibrate phone when the call starts ( when you dial you do not have to put the phone on your head to hear rings, just put it when the phone vibrates like the newer G1 )

Ehab
http://www.elmotaheda.com/

Originally Posted by ehab View Post
Native port of putty.
What? Why? Putty is a hack-wannabe of the real OpenSSH which the N900 already has... You just wanting a GUI?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Open office port. - look this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...489#post429489

Native port of putty. - OpenSSH but without GUI

Full port of all common linux command line tools like nslookup, mc, wget, bash, grep etc in one installable package.: Except "mc" all of them work under rootsh. "mc" is absent on ubuntu by default.

More debian support. - It is easy to recompile any packages (except graphics). look this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=openoffice

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kirkland, WA
No reboots

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
netflix queue manager. i have 500 in my instant and it crashes the browser on my n900 and goes reaaaallllly slow on my dell mini 9 unr

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by mikhmv View Post
Open office port. - look this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...489#post429489
Even better, my current version of OpenOffice running under LXDE

And come on, wget and bash and that stuff is all right there in the repositories, just apt-get install them... And grep is built-in...

And what does "more debian support" mean, exactly?

(BTW: nice to see you back, fatalsaint!)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Originally Posted by ehab View Post
Green phone and red phone button to accept and reject calls and to start phone app. This is like the most important feature i need.

Open office port.
I'll be happy with abiword/gnumeric or koffice. Not that I really need them. I tend to use LaTeX or such like to do all my docs. Another thing I'd like is evince so I could view any document.

Port of Dalvik and android store, should not be tooo hard but will instantly give us thousands of apps.
Which would run on what??? Rember no java here.

Better keyboard. AKA more like G1 or at least 5 rows.
No comment

Built in VPN support for at least pptp, cisco
vpnc in extras somewhere, openvpn in extras somewhere, pptp I guess that's the one thing missing. Shouldn't be to hard though.

Built in support for SyncML.
Techincally it's there but only over BT atm.

Native port of putty.
Why for the love of all that is holy would you want a second rate ssh client when you have openssh or dropbear and a proper terminal.

Full port of all common linux command line tools like nslookup, mc, wget, bash, grep etc in one installable package.
grep - check
bash - check
mc - in extras check
nslookup - check
wget - check

Anything else... check

It's dead easy to build your own if you need as well :)
More debian support.

Decent call list.
I guess you mean call log. Would be nice.

Vibrate phone when the call starts ( when you dial you do not have to put the phone on your head to hear rings, just put it when the phone vibrates like the newer G1 )
Hmm I remember an app for the S60 that did something like this. Probably dooable in a similar way that a record my calls app could be.

So most of this is a no-op or a no-brainer.

The Following User Says Thank You to ruskie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
WTF !? was reading the list and began to think the op might be a troll, and then I read "Native port of putty" and then i was sure.

seriously, wtf !?

The Following User Says Thank You to skzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
umm, you mention the package with "wget", where is IT?!

i wanna compile stuff on my n900, but i need wget!

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
You really shouldn't compile things on it. Use the SDK to do so. But it's at this location:
pool/fremantle/free/w/wget/wget_1.10.2-2osso3_armel.deb