Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Banstead UK
Originally Posted by m_yates View Post
You must have the "+" at the start of the number and include country code. For U.S. numbers, the form should be:

+15558675309

Where 1 is the country code, 555 is the area code, and 8675309 is the number.

Without the "+", Skype won't work and say "incorrect address". You can edit your contact list to include the "+". When editing the contact phone number, just press the "s" key for a plus sign. You don't need to hold down the blue/green arrow key while pressing the "s" key.

This has been reported as a bug. Hopefully a fix will be issued because it is hard to figure out what is wrong otherwise.
This is a problem logging in rather than as I understand your as being putting the right address or number format to make a call. The Contacts application just will not login to Skype. Skype mane and password are correct. All the same thanks for your post.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
I forgot to mention one thing I also did.
I deleted the Skype account from my N900 and tried setting it up again. Just in case there were any corrupted files, settings with my previous N900 Skype setup.

I also cannot see the connection between phone number format and the fact that I can't login to Skype.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
I can confirm this with my newly created Skype accout. I successfully logged into Skype this morning using 3G. This was my first login with my Skype account.

Back from work the N900 switched from 3G to wlan and now I can no longer log in. Nether with wlan nor with 3G.

The error message I get is 'network error'. That's all.

Originally Posted by jerra View Post
I forgot to mention one thing I also did.
I deleted the Skype account from my N900 and tried setting it up again. Just in case there were any corrupted files, settings with my previous N900 Skype setup.

I also cannot see the connection between phone number format and the fact that I can't login to Skype.
Your situation is really problematic for me seems to work.

There is already a bugzilla entry for this:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6696

Someone suggested to reboot the device to (temporarily) fix the problem. This worked for me.

Originally Posted by percy View Post
There is already a bugzilla entry for this:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6696

Someone suggested to reboot the device to (temporarily) fix the problem. This worked for me.
Aren't we discussing two different problems now?

"Network error" and the other "user name or password incorrect"

Oh well sorry, could be that I mixed things up. From the threads topic I thought it is the same problem and only the error messages would differ.

But maybe you are right and we both have different problems with Skype.

Originally Posted by percy View Post
Oh well sorry, could be that I mixed things up. From the threads topic I thought it is the same problem and only the error messages would differ.

But maybe you are right and we both have different problems with Skype.
No need to be sorry!
My only concern would that there are essentially two problems and both needs to be addressed. I understand the "network" issue is already filed under Bugzilla.

I managed to login now! Was on my w-lan and same problem, switched to 3G and it worked. So it was the same bug?! (:

Originally Posted by jerra View Post
I managed to login now! Was on my w-lan and same problem, switched to 3G and it worked. So it was the same bug?! (:
Not sure if it's the same bug but just as a little hint: after my reboot it is still working for me even after 2 or 3 network switches.

The Following User Says Thank You to percy For This Useful Post: