Active Topics

ten bucks says half of the people having issues are using buggy packages from extras-testing or extras-devel and dont realize the issue.

it really is a great device

Ok, mixed feelings... but just wondering, do cell phone carriers carry the N900, or even sell it?

In the US, NO!! In the UK, I am not too sure, my guess is probably no for now. But that may change...

Honestly speaking, no phone is perfect or without fault. I like the N900. I may not use it to its full capacity, but it suits my needs for internet, skype, applications, and the like..every other thing is a bonus in my opinion...the interface is also nice..

so, if you can't use it as a phone, then what good does it do? What can it do?

It can be used as a phone. A basic one if you will..with not too many options, but it does the job...again, its a matter of preference.

Still, if you can't get phone service with it, then it wouldn't work as a phone and then what? I still dont see what's so great.

Originally Posted by 2733T View Post
Still, if you can't get phone service with it, then it wouldn't work as a phone and then what? I still dont see what's so great.
Then you basically have a Nokia Internet Tablet.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

No you're missing the point. Cell providers do not sell it. The device works just fine on T-Mobile's 3G network. It makes phones calls and browses the internet and everything else you would expect from a cell phone.

The reason people say the phone features are lacking is not because it doesn't get service... its because little things like:
Unable to change ring tone per contact
Call log doesn't show the number a contact called from
You can't buy it for $150 and sign a 2-year contract...

That kind of stuff...

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
oh, i see. I still think based on what everyone has said, that it wasn't ready to go out when it did. I have also read about a lot of problems that people are having with it.

Yes there are people having problems with some phones, but mind you, other phones are working just fine. And those who have excellent phones may not sign on here to talk about it. So keep that in mind.

Tags
buy an iphone, epicpwnsauce, forum noobs are, it's awesome, just buggy, n900 is shitty, next to an i7, not shitty, not the failphone