Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by forcer View Post
I know for sure that airmon-ng doesn't work. It failed to set my n900 to monitor mode. maybe iwconfig will be more lucky?
Just use iwconfig, simple as:

root
ifconfig wlan0 down
iwconfig wlan0 mode Monitor
ifconfig wlan0 up

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona
I have a problem trying to exit from airodump mode when is searching for new Ap's. How can i do that?
I know it is still in beta.
Thanks!

try press ctrl on the screen and then c on the keyboard

The Following User Says Thank You to krsandvik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
Originally Posted by sschueller View Post
Can any of theses files be moved into /opt/ ? I am trying to keep my root partition as empty as possible.
[/CODE]
Hi,

Sorry I wasn't able to follow the thread for some days.

I'll do that as soon as possible. Thanks for the files list it saves me time

Greg

The Following User Says Thank You to backseatgreg For This Useful Post:
Quick update on my progress with aircrack-ng...

I've been running aircrack in a Debian chroot. I compiled the needed "iw" software (to get airmon-ng working). I also had to make sure all the /dev/{shm,pts}'s and /sys was mounted with -o bind, as well as /proc.

With iw compiled and working, I can get the airmon-ng script to create a VAP interface (mon0) in monitor mode. This is where the strange behavior of the wl12x driver begins.

I like others have had a problem getting the card to see AP's in monitor mode other than channel 6. A few times, I have been able to run "airmon-ng start wlan0 11", and the card would actually monitor on channel 11. Strangely enough, the interface would die after trying injection tests or running airodump after doing this, where I've had to rmmod the driver and probe it out again, and start the process over.

A few times it has shown injection as working, but never have I seen success with the actual injection (it's always 0/30).

The bottom line is I think this driver sucks (wl12xx). It doesn't like to channel hop and I'm hoping that there are improvements in its future. I think the next step would be to compile a new driver (wl12xx and mac80211) from compat-wireless / John Linville tree and see how that goes .. although I still need to wrap my head around kernel building and flashing to the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to techdork For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by krsandvik View Post
try press ctrl on the screen and then c on the keyboard
That's the solution.
Thanks!

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
From my understanding, it shouldn't be too hard to get injection working since we have open wl12xx drivers using the mac80211 stack.

This is a good read for those interested in getting injection working.

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=mac80211

http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtb...emplateId=6123

It looks like someone is porting kismet and attempting to get gps working. Translated Link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to born2wonder For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
I hope that thing with channel 6 will be fixed soon

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
I live in the middle of nowhere and have no other wifi networks to "crack" other than my own.

Still, I think it would prove an excellent learning curve just trying to work this thing. I'll be keeping an eye here and hope this thing can move swiftly to extras

Originally Posted by techdork View Post
I think the next step would be to compile a new driver (wl12xx and mac80211) from compat-wireless / John Linville tree and see how that goes
A piece of cake in any standard Linux distro, I'd be interested to know how to do this in Maemo. I hear it lacks the basic tools for natively configuring and compiling.

Thanks & cheers.