Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
How did you do that? - Sorry noobish q, as it's not on any applications lists
In the X Terminal:

Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get remove python-glade2
It will then show you which additional packages are going to be removed, and will ask for your confirmation. You need the "rootsh" package for "sudo gainroot" to work; please be careful when doing things as root on your device - you have been warned!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
It will then show you which additional packages are going to be removed, and will ask for your confirmation. You need the "rootsh" package for "sudo gainroot" to work; please be careful when doing things as root on your device -
Thanks! I also encountered some noob trouble trying to remove that dependancy. I ended up having to remove Gonvert and Quicknote as well before updating.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by thp View Post
In the X Terminal:

Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get remove python-glade2
It will then show you which additional packages are going to be removed, and will ask for your confirmation. You need the "rootsh" package for "sudo gainroot" to work; please be careful when doing things as root on your device - you have been warned!
Thank you very much thp - you are on my honorary xmas card list - but i don't know where you live - so accept this thanks instead hehehe

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
and yay it worked!!! - w0000p!

i've got a request for gpodder - would it be possible to save the podcast image into the same folder as the audio tracks (named cover.jpg), so that the files get artwork displayed in the media player?

Originally Posted by zombiepig View Post
i've got a request for gpodder - would it be possible to save the podcast image into the same folder as the audio tracks (named cover.jpg), so that the files get artwork displayed in the media player?
Yes, that's planned, although the filename will be "folder.jpg", as this is (AFAIK) the standard name for cover art in a folder.

See also: http://gpodder.org/bug/283

thp, what do you think of this idea?

The ability to set rules per podcast. For example, there are some podcasts I always want to listen to. While other ones I only want to listen to it once in a while. When you update the podcasts you get a huge list of podcasts returned and you may not want to download all of them. So for certain podcasts a rule could be created to always download the podcast, while others will only download if selected from the list.

If it's not to difficult to do or sounds like a good idea I'll add it to the requests on bugzilla.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
The ability to set rules per podcast. For example, there are some podcasts I always want to listen to. While other ones I only want to listen to it once in a while. When you update the podcasts you get a huge list of podcasts returned and you may not want to download all of them. So for certain podcasts a rule could be created to always download the podcast, while others will only download if selected from the list.
This is partially covered by http://gpodder.org/bug/98

Of course, help is always welcome, and I'd love to see patches

Haha, I'm not much of a programmer. What I know is only self-taught from when I had time (and sadly graduate school and work eats up most of that time now) I don't even know what language you write in. =P

Though I do need to learn python sometime.. especially for this spreadsheet we're using in excel to keep track of coordinate data and generate correlations out of it...

But if you give me an idea of what to read I'll try to learn.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-12-27 at 03:33.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Though I do need to learn python sometime.. especially for this spreadsheet we're using in excel to keep track of coordinate data and generate correlations out of it...

But if you give me an idea of what to read I'll try to learn.
Great, gPodder is written in Python

See: http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/Contribute

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing