Active Topics

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
:-) Received mine today. Ordered from shop.nokia.co.uk.
Ordered : 18th Dec
Shipped: 21st Dec
Delivered: 23rd Dec
Waiting for time to fly so that I can go home :-)

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Oooooop Guess what? Postie just stuck his head around the corner of my house and handed me my replacement!! After all that yesterday I was gobsmacked.

Put my T mob Sim in - haven't turned it on but put it on charge for a few hours.- Those of you who have a working phone- how long should I leave it charging initially?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Oooooop Guess what? Postie just stuck his head around the corner of my house and handed me my replacement!! After all that yesterday I was gobsmacked.

Put my T mob Sim in - haven't turned it on but put it on charge for a few hours.- Those of you who have a working phone- how long should I leave it charging initially?
Wohooooooooooooooooo! Karl saved the day maybe?!

Great great news!!!
I charged it for 5 minutes before i gave up and used it - worked fine
Have to admit i was at work, so after an hour of charging i left it plugged in for a few hours - it was then fully charged

thats awesome news ninjaboxergirl

i recieved a call from david.urch this morning ,gave him my details and he's going to trace it up for me so fingers crossed ...

Thought I'd pop back on here - really glad to see everyone from all those weeks ago seems to have gotten sorted now.

Great news to hear that yours has been sorted at last too, Ninja!

Had mine 3 weeks now (I think) and had no problems at all - what an amazing piece of technology!

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Wohooooooooooooooooo! Karl saved the day maybe?!

Great great news!!!
I charged it for 5 minutes before i gave up and used it - worked fine
Have to admit i was at work, so after an hour of charging i left it plugged in for a few hours - it was then fully charged
Thanks guys

Yes he did. Credit where credit's due, Nokia Manchester and MPD, pushed by Karl all worked very hard and very quickly to get this one sorted for me. I am very impressed this time. I called them all independently to let them know when it came so they could stop the wheels they'd set in motion yesterday, but they had all been involved and let each other know what was going on. A+

(oh and I had my sim card sent back through the post before all of this because I'd sent it back with the phone.)

So- question is, does it work? It does seem to be charging ok. I'm going to do somethign that goes very much against the grain, be patient, and wait until the green light comes on before I turn it on.

Bumblebee, I really hope yours is sorted today as well.

MPD was only one I could find online with contract, £30 per month T-mobile...

I had to chase the stores to find out what was going on. Then early Dec I got a phone call from a nice chap saying my n900 was being delivered and gave me a tracking ID.got mine 2/3 weeks ago, great fone

Thanks guys

Yes he did. Credit where credit's due, Nokia Manchester and MPD, pushed by Karl all worked very hard and very quickly to get this one sorted for me. I am very impressed this time. I called them all independently to let them know when it came so they could stop the wheels they'd set in motion yesterday, but they had all been involved and let each other know what was going on. A+

(oh and I had my sim card sent back through the post before all of this because I'd sent it back with the phone.)

So- question is, does it work? It does seem to be charging ok. I'm going to do somethign that goes very much against the grain, be patient, and wait until the green light comes on before I turn it on.

Bumblebee, I really hope yours is sorted today as well.
it works! it works! Not a single reboot in 6 hours and the mic works.
Wow this is amazing. 30 minutes and I'd bluetoothed all my contact and calendar over and set up 4 email accounts. Wonderful.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Wow this is amazing. 30 minutes and I'd bluetoothed all my contact and calendar over and set up 4 email accounts. Wonderful.
w0000p! time to update the status thingy on your posts!!!
Would love to hear you get on over the coming weeks, the first few weeks is great fun as you learn it all

How long did nokia care have your phone before they said they could'nt fix it?