Originally Posted by drm View Post
Offscreen rules.
They are working well. Just compare with the community stuff. They alone have more stuff then extras.
Offscreen's Touch-series is epic...

Last edited by c0rt3x; 2009-12-22 at 21:04.

I can't believe Ovi Store still not available for N900 yet. How am I gonna get rebate?

-sam

Originally Posted by samtng View Post
I can't believe Ovi Store still not available for N900 yet. How am I gonna get rebate?

-sam
You can sign up for it - the link is a couple of pages back in this thread.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Still waiting for it. If its got xmas stuff on the store, then whats the point if its going to open next year?

My guess is that they thought they were going to have the store open earlier. That or the developers of those applications thought the store would be open by then.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

True. But it stills frustrates me to no end. I really wish I had gotten an iPhone instead of this. It has nothing I need. No twitter apps, facebook (decent ones). Hardly anything decent in the application manager either.
Now true, its a new handset, but Nokia are disgracing themselves but not shifting gears and letting us access the store NOW.

Why? Im not a reviewer, or a member of the press. So I got my phone early because I ordered it through the proper channels. Now im being penalised for ordering it early. Yeah, thanks for ordering our new N900, but you wont really be able to do anything interesting with it until early 2010. Gee thanks.

Come on Nokia, please please pull your finger out, because alot of people im sure, myself included, are starting to get a lil frustrated.

The Following User Says Thank You to FilthyShadow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by FilthyShadow View Post
True. But it stills frustrates me to no end. I really wish I had gotten an iPhone instead of this. It has nothing I need. No twitter apps, facebook (decent ones). Hardly anything decent in the application manager either.
Now true, its a new handset, but Nokia are disgracing themselves but not shifting gears and letting us access the store NOW.

Why? Im not a reviewer, or a member of the press. So I got my phone early because I ordered it through the proper channels. Now im being penalised for ordering it early. Yeah, thanks for ordering our new N900, but you wont really be able to do anything interesting with it until early 2010. Gee thanks.
Umm. Would you really rather go to iPhone? You can sell yours and go to iPhone if you believe it is better for you.
Nokia just won a LOT more fans with the N900. Don't think they disgraced themselves. Definitely a win-win from what I can see.

BTW, iPhone had NO apps when it was first launched also......

N900 had more than few hundred apps from the get-go due to the Maemo open source community.
Everyday, we are getting new apps either created or ported to Maemo 5. Install appwatch.

There are many Twitter apps (Mauku, Witter etc) and now Twtter is also integrated into the phone also with a new plug-in.
With facebook, just use the lite website with your browesr. Why need a separate app? Then put a bookmark shortcut on your desktop. Voila. Facebook app!
http://m.facebook.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
There's..

www.lite.facebook.com (a lite version of Facebook.com that I even prefer on my desktop and laptop since it strips out half the crap you see on Facebook now)

And if you want a more iPhone version of Facebook there's.

www.touch.facebook.com

Combined with the facebook pipe to upload photos, or pixelpipe with the facebook pipe active it pretty much does everything a dedicated Facebook app would do anyway.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
I want the snow globe - dont ask me why but they make me happy.
I agree. Funny how simple things do that

Angry Birds (unfortunately the demo version with 21 levels) has finally got some space in Ovi Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/23158?c...tentArea=games

The Following User Says Thank You to c0rt3x For This Useful Post: