Posts: 54 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cornwall
I've downloaded something and basically messed my N900 up, the screen is jumpy and only part of it is displayed at certian times, will doing a Nokia software update through my PC fix this? I uninstalled all software that I downloaded today but that hasnt helped.

Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
Well, it is possible there's some issue going on, I do see a lot of forum postings from folks that just have weird booting issues...but there's usually a reason for it- Granted some are maybe related to issues with the device/OS load from factory, but if it's self inflicted....damn, just stay out of the console prompt and save yourself some hurt.
as a developer engineer I always tell my client that If they screw up the System that it is not their fault- as a good developer One Should not give the user the opportunity to screw- up! Cover all angles of-failure !!!

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Originally Posted by linuxkid View Post
as a developer engineer I always tell my client that If they screw up the System that it is not their fault- as a good developer One Should not give the user the opportunity to screw- up! Cover all angles of-failure !!!
All system should have defense from idiot. But exist smart idiots which can break any defense.... (I guess Murfey lows....)

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by mikhmv View Post
All system should have defense from idiot. But exist smart idiots which can break any defense.... (I guess Murfey lows....)
umm ???

All your base are belong to us?

Wow that was some sketchy english, then again you're in Pittsburgh so could explain it ;-) I kid I kid....

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
if you live in the US, you know quite a few people here don't speak English at all. He got his message across ok, imo.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Yeah I was just messing with him...apologies if anyone was offended.

Will this remove the security code on the phone?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
anyone restored their(n900) device back to delivery mode? root passwd, program and all communication and conntacts gone?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ United Kingdom
If you did "rm -rf /" from the terminal as root would you still be able to reflash? If yes then that would be one way of wiping your device.

WARNING for linux newbies like me: Don't use this command unless you know exactly what it does and are aware of the consequences.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bay Area, California
Ok, I will be the first to admit I'm a noob. I wish I wasn't but I am so. I need to hard reset my N900, I tried X Terminal but I'm afraid of bricking my phone so I didn't explore that option too much.

My problem, it constantly says: "Unable to receive or send text messages. Storage full. Remove...from device" or something to the effect. I have T-Mobile unlimited plan and it's paid a month early so that's not the issue. Furthermore, my catalogues aren't showing up and I've removed my battery and the sort at least a dozen times.

I have a MacBook and my audio and video files aren't showing up on my phone either. Please help.

Many thanks to those can/will.

************************************************** *********************************

I've tried: rm r /home/user/.* but no luck with it. I still can't send text messages.

Tags
n900, reset