Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by bluewizard View Post
Wish I had asked this question last week. I emailed Karl who within the hour sorted it out. I am now connected I even got a call from David Urch to apologise and make sure I got connected.

the big question is......????

Did everyone who ordered in September, October and November receive their phones, and even their replacement phones before Xmas?

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post

Did everyone who ordered in September, October and November receive their phones, and even their replacement phones before Xmas?
Thankfully, yes- and so far it's working like a dream (my number doesn't port over til tomorrow) and the longer i play with this thing, the more i'm falling absolutely in love with it.

One thing though.. I put all my email details in to set up 3 accounts which all run from my website server. they were all accepted, but when I send/receive, I'm not getting anything coming through. Any ideas? Surely i can't have made a mistake in them all.

The Following User Says Thank You to ninjaboxergirl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ ktm @uk

yess since then i rarely use my laptop...

Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Thankfully, yes- and so far it's working like a dream (my number doesn't port over til tomorrow) and the longer i play with this thing, the more i'm falling absolutely in love with it.

One thing though.. I put all my email details in to set up 3 accounts which all run from my website server. they were all accepted, but when I send/receive, I'm not getting anything coming through. Any ideas? Surely i can't have made a mistake in them all.
hmmmmmmm
are you using nokia messaging? i've had problems with one account. but my other two seem fine. there are quite a few posts on here about imap/pop3 accounts

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ UK - London
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post

I find that my Hotmail account fails to connect fairly often however emails that are set-up on my own server connect absolutely fine.

The only thing I can say is the obvious. Double check your user-name, password and pop3 settings and maybe try different ports if you can open them up on your email server.

Ordered mine 27/12 (was Sunday)
Didn't ship Monday as it was a UK bank holiday.
Order status says ready for dispatch since yesterday.
I hope i get it today as it should have been sent yesterday as i opted for next day delivery.

P.S. Can't wait to get it in my hands

*edit* just rang MPD as i have not took delivery of my n900, yesterday vodafones system was down so they are sending my n900 today for a delivery in the morning.

Last edited by biggzy; 2009-12-30 at 13:50.

A new day, the waiting begins again, i hope it comes today, not that i'v been waiting long (ordered 27/12) but i hate waiting.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Hey ninjaboxergirl I am really happy for you - you finally got your hands on a fully working N900!

I've had enormous fun using mine over the past few weeks.

Unforunately MPD did not transfer my existing number (what's the bloody point of asking for it when I ordered it?) to Vodafone - I had to arrange that myself. To be fair Vodafone sorted it out in a few days.

One of my work mates just bought an HTC Hero (android phone) and looks at my N900 with envy - very satisfying!

However, one shortcoming of the N900 is that the free disk space on the rootfs is very small. Apparently if you run out of disk space the N900 does not cope very well and many people have had to re-flash the phone!

So only installed apps that have been "optified" - these apps install to a 2gb partitiion instead and mainly avoid the rootfs.

Oh and another thing I noticed. If you connect the N900 (without "switching it on") to a pc via USB you will get a slow transfer rate. Make sure the LCD screen is lit on N900 first - then plug into pc - your transfer rate will be better.

Apart from that - absolutely love it.

Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
A new day, the waiting begins again, i hope it comes today, not that i'v been waiting long (ordered 27/12) but i hate waiting.
awwwwwww - late order'ee though - some of us have been waiting since September lol - and with Xmas cheer in your order gap i hope it flies by until you get it!
Good luck for today if you haven't already got it!!!

awwwwwww - late order'ee though - some of us have been waiting since September lol - and with Xmas cheer in your order gap i hope it flies by until you get it!
Good luck for today if you haven't already got it!!!
Yeh been reading the thread, id go mad if i had to wait that long lol, it hasnt arived yet but i called MPD and it was sent out yesterday, so it should come today hope it does, iv got no finge nails left lol iv chewd them OFF thru the waiting.

Last edited by biggzy; 2009-12-31 at 11:12.