Posts: 29 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ austria
beside the problem with imap the N900 is also superior in messaging. I have never texted (and IMed) so much as I do now thanks to Converstations on the N900.

Good comments above. I have both E71 and N900. Got a second SIM and now tend to carry both devices. I hope to converge on just the N900 based on future firmware and application availability, but for now must use the E71 as well (thinking of buying E72 but reviews are not promising).

Most critical pieces missing from N900 for me that keep me carrying the E71 are (1) a working IMAP client, (2) real Mail For Exchange support (at least close to the E71 client, or better yet as good as iPhone), (3) real OVI maps implementation and crossing my fingers for Google Maps.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
The e72 has a small screen which makes it borderline useless for web browsing and video. The e72, like the n900, is currently incompatible with exchange 2003. The e72 while having an "ok" camera, its video function was abysmal. .
Hi,

E72 almost works with Exchange 2003. Fetching rest of the message does not work. Seems to work at first.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ssage.id=21064

We had to buy Roadsync to get rid of all these stupid bugs in different Nokia phones. Just got new RS version 5 today - I hope that is bugfree. I am completely tired of fighting with all these MfE bugs. Our company also have couple of N900s we cannot use currently because of buggy MfE in that. Fingers crossed that N900 firmware will be fixed in near future.

- Aksu

that i doubt about the real futur of N900

I have an e71 and now a n900 and I agree with Random: the n900 is half-baked, not quite ready for prime time. The e-series phones are simply awesome. If you want a productivity enhancing phone, get the e72; if you're looking for a time-wasting project, get the n900.
In addition to the shortcomings on business apps, the n900 couldn't even get the music player right: to create a playlist requires logic-defying brain acrobatics.

It is kinda funny that I bought those two phones together yesterday. IMHO if you are into new gadgets and technologies and enjoy discovering new features and want the newest out there then the N900 is the one for you.

If you want a phone that does the things you NEED and be good at it then I would say go with the E72 or any other Nokia. I am not saying that the N900 is bad but I would say "not very reliable as a phone"

The Following User Says Thank You to Dorisall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
An E72 for communication plus an Archos for media would, combined, offer better functionality than N900 for a similar total price. The N900, while offering convergence in a single device, comes somewhat short with its tiny screen and (so far) lacking communication features...