Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
It is your fault OP.

Hi this is my first post here.
I'm having an annoying issue with mail for exchange. I searched through the forum but couldn't find an answer. I setup my account fine over wifi at home. It syncs perfectly over wifi. For the first day it also worked fine over 3g. Now I can't get it to work over 3g at all.
It's an SBS 2008 server that I run. That's Exchange 2007.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Joshua

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
Hello guys !

I just want to wish you all (and in particular Vitaly) a beautiful HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

I understand that many of you are on vacation during these days...and finally I'll go for some days of skying also :-) ... I really need them...

As soon as you come back, please look at my last posts (#647 and 648) and if you can, try to reply to me.

I take the opportunity to ask if there is some better email client than Modest, that support also the MFE sync with Exchange and Outlook function of N900. I badly need it to implement a better PIM or a complete GTD application (with To do list, task, Action etc...) synced with my Office 2003/exchange 2003 side.

Thanks in advance,
Cesare

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by orkan39 View Post
Hi this is my first post here.
I'm having an annoying issue with mail for exchange. I searched through the forum but couldn't find an answer. I setup my account fine over wifi at home. It syncs perfectly over wifi. For the first day it also worked fine over 3g. Now I can't get it to work over 3g at all.
It's an SBS 2008 server that I run. That's Exchange 2007.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Joshua
Some questions: How exactly doesn't it work over 3G? Time out? What do the server logs show? Do other data transfers work on the same connection? Does MfE still work over wifi?

It says "exchange server is not responding" MfE works perfectly over wifi. Everything else works over 3G. Where do I find the server logs?
Sorry I've only just started messing with my new server. I'm trying to learn.

Last edited by orkan39; 2010-01-02 at 02:21.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Silicon Valley - USA now, UK originally
This is an awesome community and I'm sad to say that I have to return the N900 due to being unble to sync outlook exchange 2007 mail and calendar, as the N900 is not provisionable. I now work for a 15,000 person company, I can't even find out who the Exchange admins are, let alone get them to change their policies for me.

I cannot find an acceptable workaround and need to carry one phone to use for work and home, and I can't afford to keep the N900 as well. I've lost a lot of time and some money.

I wish you all well and all the best for 2010...jow

Last edited by jow; 2010-01-02 at 01:26.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
pardon me if i got this all wrong!
the N900 is a non provisional devce.
In the upcoming 1..1 will it BE a provisioning device?
I get the "error incommunication with the exchane server"- error msg. our company uss exch2007
My intentions with this device is using it in my job, but if I cant sync mail I cannot do that
Am hoping in vain that fw1.1 will resolve my problem?
Feel free to include me for testing the updated firmware.
In general the device is wonderfull, and this post is written on it!

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by Soap77 View Post
pardon me if i got this all wrong!
the N900 is a non provisional devce.
In the upcoming 1..1 will it BE a provisioning device?
I get the "error incommunication with the exchane server"- error msg. our company uss exch2007
My intentions with this device is using it in my job, but if I cant sync mail I cannot do that
Am hoping in vain that fw1.1 will resolve my problem?
Feel free to include me for testing the updated firmware.
In general the device is wonderfull, and this post is written on it!
Based on what I have read in here, the N900 will likely not become a provisional device at all (unless updating it to maemo 6 is possible and it makes some huge changes). The next version of Maemo has a much better chance of doing so, just based on how it is designed from the ground up.

The Following User Says Thank You to canabal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
canabal: thank you for that information.
though it makes me a little bit pissed off at nokia.
Really bad marketing this device with support for exchange.
"limited exchange support" would be a better word.

I have search for info about the "error communication..." errorcode.
But I havenīt found if that errorcode is the result of non provisioning support in the exchange server. Might there be anything else that causes the same error code?

With a lot of help from Vitaly, I created a small app which should do 2 things:
- enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis
- rename localy synced folders (just the local copy)

I attached the first version, I would be grateful if somebody could help me test it. The basic functionality is there, but is still needs polish and packaging.

Known issues:
-it doesn't check for the existence of an MfE acc
-it doesnt check if an MfE sync is running (please finish sync before running)
-it doesn't check if Modest is running (please close it before running)
-it doesn't back up your qmailstore.db yet (just to be sure please back it up by hand)
Attached Files
File Type: txt mfefolders.py.txt (4.0 KB, 125 views)
MfEfolders - Enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis; locally rename mail folders

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to THavoc For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!