Last night I used my N900 to listen to music and when I woke up all my music was gone. I checked the memory usage, surprisingly almost 32gb internal memory disappeared. Then I DID use hard reset mode by flash and reinstalled anything. However, no help. Here are pictures from N900 and my computer. Any help I appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by quanganhzero1989 View Post
Last night I used my N900 to listen to music and when I woke up all my music was gone. I checked the memory usage, surprisingly almost 32gb internal memory disappeared. Then I DID use hard reset mode by flash and reinstalled anything. However, no help. Here are pictures from N900 and my computer. Any help I appreciate. Thanks in advance.

woah thats freaky deaky! looks like it corrupted somehow - kinda scary as thats the second post today about random issues like this!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Is only my N900 having this problem Help....

Hi,

I have had the same problem, could not play music (the playlist was there, but after pressing play the "song could not be found" message) all my pictures could not be found. The camera refused to take pictures as it could not access any storage etc..

After I plugged my device on the computer running Ubuntu Linux, (mass storage modus) I could find and access de MyDocs on the device all pictures and songs where available. When I unplugged the device they where again accessible on my device too, have no idea why. Maybe you could try the same...

Good luck...

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
good point.
my phone can't access music if i have it plugged in to my vista pc.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

I have no idea either. Now I have 1.38 internal memory and 16GB of my external micro SD card. Wonder where 32GB go? T_T sad..........

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
good point.
my phone can't access music if i have it plugged in to my vista pc.
I can't access any files on the n900 while it is plugged in music, vids - all unavailable till I disconnect.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I can't access any files on the n900 while it is plugged in music, vids - all unavailable till I disconnect.
WoW, it is weird. However, I think new firmware or reinstall can help. Not in my case.

Originally Posted by quanganhzero1989 View Post
WoW, it is weird. However, I think new firmware or reinstall can help. Not in my case.
Sounds like the user space partition for the internal 32GB of memory has been corrupted. However the partition used for ./Opt etc where your programs get installed is still available (1.38GB of free mem) which is part of the same internal 32GB of physical memory.

I'm not a Linux expert but I'm sure there's a few dozen commands you could issue from the Terminal to show the partitions. (Quick google shows "fdisk -l" would show the partitions (think you have to run as root).

There's also an option to reflash and rebuild the eMMC partition of the N900 as well as reinstalling the firmware etc.http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...MC_in_the_N900

Last edited by jackabite; 2010-01-02 at 17:21.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
Check "mount" output,
try from root and see if there is any errors:
Code:
fsck.vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1
..try mounting partition manually.