Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
A USB to VGA/DVI converter would look great if it worked, though too slow if you want lots of smooth animation. For most presentations it'd be fine.

BUT

- The N900 is not a USB host. It cannot work without modifications. Don't be misled by the USB connector. You can't plug a flash stick or printer into it either.

- Even if it was a USB host, you would need drivers which were closed source and not available for this architecture last time I looked.

- Those things are quite expensive.

- You could get a cheap netbook for a similar price and better results. Control it remotely from N900 if you like.

(Any lost characters in this post are due to MicroB using 100 percent* CPU when browsing talk.maemo.org with multiple windows sometimes...)
(* because the Sym popup stopped popping up too)

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Does it automatically mirror the screen of the N900?
Yes, no need for any drivers or software, just plug in the cables and go. Here is a picture of the N900 attached to my Viewsonic VP930 monitor:

N900's tv-out limits the quality and resolution, and it's not quite full screen (black borders), but it's still useful in many situations.

P.S: I have also the EasyCap USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter, which is great if you want to capture video from N900's TV-out. I made this youtube video using that adapter. I had to install the adapter to my old XP machine, because it does NOT work with windows 7 64bit.

Last edited by joksanen; 2010-01-03 at 13:22.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Funchal, Portugal
thank god my school uses projectors that support rca connectors! The tv-out option is simply amazing and its pretty handy for a student like me.