Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
But I thought the new version of fring was suppose to support the front cam. But I think that was for other nokia phones not sure if they will do the samething for the n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hotshot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
I would love to use the front cam for IM with skype or gtalk. Now that would be great.
Yup, and there is almost no reason for it not to be possible in Skype in the N900, it will definitely be a big step up for mobile VOIP.

But I thought the new version of fring was suppose to support the front cam. But I think that was for other nokia phones not sure if they will do the samething for the n900.
it does sound cool but on the n95 its just ok.
the video is not too bad but the voice is choppy as hell, best bet would be to use a voice+data call for decent voice.

i used it once and havent used it since

Originally Posted by pete View Post
Yup, and there is almost no reason for it not to be possible in Skype in the N900, it will definitely be a big step up for mobile VOIP.
That's what I figured makes me wonder why its taking so long to be officially ported over to n900

Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
it does sound cool but on the n95 its just ok.
the video is not too bad but the voice is choppy as hell, best bet would be to use a voice+data call for decent voice.

i used it once and havent used it since
I want it for video with IM and I can type the convo. Like I do on my laptop. Sometimes I just wanna "see" not talk

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I want it for video with IM and I can type the convo. Like I do on my laptop. Sometimes I just wanna "see" not talk
TMI.

I'm not sure what the front camera would actually see while I type IMs... a nice shot straight up my nose?

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
TMI.

I'm not sure what the front camera would actually see while I type IMs... a nice shot straight up my nose?
Hahaha not nothing bad just like my nieces and business type stuff where face to face is much needed. Your thinking *borat voice* SEXY TIME lmaoooo not the case for me lol

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
video call again like the mms, old stuff that costs money.. better to be implemented over ip.. so we can chat/see our friends family around the world for gratis. but ok we should have the facility to do both

I have been surprised to find out that N900 doesn't give user a option to make 3G phone Call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man , even my previous N95 can do this easily..................

this is not acceptable!!!!!!!!!

so disppointed again.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You should have searched before posting... plenty of people and posts about this already.

And if you purchased the N900 thinking it would already do video calls, you were either misinformed or you hadn't researched enough.

If it makes you feel better, it's one of the main reasons I'm holding off on my N900 purchase - the other two reasons are because it supports a different network and ultimately I don't have any money yet for one - is because of the lack of usage of the forward facing camera.

Who knows... perhaps Fring and/or Skype will give you that ability shortly... if not, RTComm. All are being updated invariably in the future.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: