Posts: 36 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by asidana View Post
when i downloaded https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...11-1_armel.deb i get incomatibility eror on app manger with red pill mode.
Try using X-Terminal or SSH'ing to the device and install the file with dpkg -i filename.deb.

It should be in extras-devel soon, anyway

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
I second having timed event based profile switching. Ideally an option would be placed under the calendar so that events trigger the switch. However just having to enter a time in that has to option to repeat every day or every one of that day in the week would work beautifully.

2nd thing I'd like to see is personalized ring tones based on who's calling/texting. Something I think should have been in there from the start, but of course I'd hold off on that one as Nokia may be sending out a fix for that in a patch.

3rd GPS based profile switching(believe it was mentioned) would be awesome, however time consuming to build, I'm sure.

Lastly, I'd like to say this is a great start, and happy to see a fix to Nokia's obvious lack of imagination so soon. ^_^

The Following User Says Thank You to Apoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Cool, thanks! I hope you'll keep updating it with nice features.

You sure that Nokia are not going to add multiple profiles in the next firmware?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by inzimam View Post
You sure that Nokia are not going to add multiple profiles in the next firmware?
Does not look like; this bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5793 (Provide a way to save custom profiles) has been moved to Maemo Brainstorm from Quim Gil (Nokia) after Andre Kappler (maemo.org) did ask the reporter for more details regarding the profiles the reporter is missing - strange some how.

I think the solution "siovene" is offering with "Tweakr" is something we probably could not expect from Nokia it self...

We will see - time will tell us.

he i tried installing the deb using
sudo dpkg -i tweakr_0.0.12-13_armel.deb

xterm didnt give me an error or any feedback at all. cant find the app anywhere in the menu. how do i know if it installed? do i need to install libtweakr-section-dev as well?

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nomad
No feedback in xterm usually means no errors

Tweakr installs an icon in the settings application (control panel) if you scroll to the bottom you should see a new category called extras with an icon for Tweakr.

hi everyone. this is my first post. i can tell you that i really don't know anything about linux OS but i have a N900. i really like this app but i really can not install it. i tried typing "dpkg -i tweakr_0.0.12-13_armel.deb" in xterminal but it asked me for me to be a superuser???????? what's that, and how can i install this application?
thank you very much...

Originally Posted by alexbitzu View Post
hi everyone. this is my first post. i can tell you that i really don't know anything about linux OS but i have a N900. i really like this app but i really can not install it. i tried typing "dpkg -i tweakr_0.0.12-13_armel.deb" in xterminal but it asked me for me to be a superuser???????? what's that, and how can i install this application?
thank you very much...
you first need to install a program called gainroot and then you can become super user.

I personally prefer installing openssh-server so I can remotely ssh into the phone from my computer. I find it easier to type in commands to the terminal from my laptop then on the phone keyboard. you just need an ssh client like putty if you are using windows and the IP address of your phone. you also have to be on wifi, for some reason gprs didn't let me ssh into the phone.

cheers!

and btw tweakr works great, thanks! =)

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I created a quick icon for the profile presets in the simple white style of the WLAN and BT status indicators:

I'll post the PNG with the correct transparency if you could tell me the correct dimensions for the icon.