On the n800 with latest firmware, whenever I try a real player audio or video stream in low res I get the error "Unable to open. File format not supported."

l've cleared all cookies and gone to bbc news,selecting the real player and the low bandwidth stream.

There were some real player videos on bbc that did work before, but now I cant get any to work. Does anyone else get the same problem ? Is there a fix?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
I don't know what to tell you. I'm also using an N800 with the latest firmware, and all the BBC news videos I've tried have worked fine.

I believe that there is a package out there that "breaks" Real Player support. I reflashed my device and ran my old installation from MMC. The internal one would play the MMC would not. I also found that if I backed up my settings from my MMC and restored them on the flash then the flash would no longer work and I had to reinstall.

Basically, my answer is reflash.

Thanks dandrep for the advice to reflash. I thought I would have to but wanted to avoid it if possible.

For the benefit to anyone else who may be getting the problem, I finally reflashed my n800 the other day and now all real audio and real video works OK.