Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by jiiv View Post
On the n810 you could hold volume down and tap for middle click or hold volume up and tap for right click. It was incredibly handy, which makes me mad that I learned about it only a week or two before my n900 showed up...
As far as I know there's not a good way to right click at this point because the volume keys are intercepted for volume control.

I just tried this on the latest N900 vncviewer and it works! Hold volume up when clicking does indeed send a right click command!

Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
There Is No Tap Key On The Keyboard .. Also I Tried To Hold Volume Up When Clicking But Nothing Happened

<== Write This Replay using N900 With VNC Viewer

I was reading another post about something different when someone suggested using the proximity sensor as a way to detect alternate clicks; Have to say, that might be an even better idea, as if you hold the n900 with your left hand you can easily cover up the prox sensor to do an alternate click motion (I can only ever recall X windows being big on middle click for pasting, did Windows ever use it?)

It should be possible for the developer to remap the volume buttons to provide this functionality, as the latest FBReader builds for the N900 use the volume buttons for page up/page down. I would REALLY like to see this functionality in VNC and Remote Desktop.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Slovakia
Volume up key with tap is working as right mouse click. Tested in vnc 0.6.5

The Following User Says Thank You to kayle.sk For This Useful Post:
Indeed it does. Thanks!

I'm going to look into rewrite it to except the proximity sensor, as the less hardware buttons I need to push the less wear and tear.

Also does anyone know if there is a method to just move the cursor with out clicking?

Ie: You have your start bar auto hide, and want to bring it up by moving the cursor over it?

2d

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
The up volume key/tap combo is not working for me.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by jsbigs View Post
The up volume key/tap combo is not working for me.
Do you have the latest version installed? This was only fixed in the last release.