Notices

Short and simple, is that at all possible? Granted l doubt it , but had to ask non the less...

» N800, cloned Diablo on 2 GB SD (Device: 600 MB, Internal: 256 MB, Swap: 256 MB), 8 GB external SD

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jself For This Useful Post:
Interesting as the picture might be, l was just asking a simple question, so keep the ridicule to a minimum if you don't mind.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Well to be honest I doubt it. If you go and search google with "XBox emulator", you'll find that the emulation on PC is still in it's early stages.

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
Originally Posted by DeboX View Post
Interesting as the picture might be, l was just asking a simple question, so keep the ridicule to a minimum if you don't mind.
id say unfortunetly its just plain impossible given that the original xbox had a 733MHz cpu (i think that was x86!) and our n900's are using a cpu @ 600MHz with a RISC architecture.
dosbox even struggles to emulate a fast enough x86 cpu to run windows 3.1, it does run but really slowly.

but man, it'd be cool tho wouldnt it. bit of doom3 on ya phone!!

Aye, l know... seen only two active ones ( Xeon and CxBx) both are Win based ( granted the later runs on Linux / Debian based systems).

and granted they are both in a sort of Beta mode ( early beta of sorts), but non the less l was curious.

Again, l know it was a rather big "longshot", but still and interesting , if academic , idea.

And for the record, my question is by far not as ridiculous as the PS3 emu question.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
No. That question was unbelievable. I think we should all give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he was kidding, but if he wasnt...WOW.

ahh too be young again....

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
Originally Posted by DeboX View Post
And for the record, my question is by far not as ridiculous as the PS3 emu question.
agreed, it must have been a joke. id like to hope at least!

Possible?
Yes.

Viable?
Not. (run a game in the emulator with 0,00000000038 Frames per month is not enjoyable)