Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Press the FUNCTION key and backspace, and it goes back one page, just as it should.

Not the quickest, but I gather thats what people are looking for, rather then hitting the back key and going to history

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I would rather that big arrow work right than use the camera key. So the big arrow should go back. Back is the most important function on a browser so shouldn't be abolished. Going to history seems to be a cool improvement at first though, but in practice I just find it to be an additional hassle. History is valuable but not as valuable as a true back key.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
What does the camera key do in the browser?

where is orangebox?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Luke Valentine View Post
What does the camera key do in the browser?
It doesn't do anything out of the box, but people are developing software so that the camera key can be used as an extra button in various apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
This is something very weird indeed that i would be intereted to know if the older tablets had this same thing? Because S60 have had this since the the start and i always hated it so i was really surprised to see it with Maemo 5.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester UK
I like the idea of remapping the camera button so that gets my vote. I personally don't have a problem with the way the back button works now as I can just use the backspace on the keyboard if I want to go back 1 page immediately, but if I have visited multiple pages in a thread or numerous websites then clicking the onscreen arrow which displays my recent history is just as good as I just do a quick swipe and click to get me back to where I want instead of having to click backspace numerous times (not got a problem with doing that either). I certainly wouldn't be returning my device because of the way the current back button works.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
It's indeed stupid, especially considering the fact that there could be a hold-button feature (short touch = back / long touch = history)
I think this make a lot of sense. We currently have 2 ways to access the history, which I don't use as much. I mean how many time do you need the back button after you accidently hit the wrong link.

x

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Yorkshire
I also hate the way the back button shows a history. However, why decide whether is should be one way or the other? Why not just make it a configurable option? That way everybody can have it the way they want.

Originally Posted by xmob View Post
I also hate the way the back button shows a history. However, why decide whether is should be one way or the other? Why not just make it a configurable option? That way everybody can have it the way they want.
Doesn't bother me too much. but it does seem like either the swipe or the arrow icon needs to go back one page. Having both do the same thing is wasteful.