Active Topics

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I seriously don't get why they wouldn't let you do such things as such in the first place.
I've been wondering that since my mother's Macintosh Plus would only work with a narrow range of proprietary hardware.

To me Apple has always been the Disneyland of the tech world, the ultimate walled garden. No wonder they got into bed so quickly with mobile phone operators, they shared a common vision of milking their captive customers.

They've got better since then, but sometimes you wonder if they are their own worst enemy. By trying to control hardware and software standards they are restricting their potential audience, and that was one of the reasons Windows took the place of the Mac: Microsoft saw the business opportunity in trying to control software but not hardware.

I have impressed everyone that i've shown the N900 too.
And guess what the answer is from those who loves their iphone but don't know what a smartphone is.

"Can it zoom with two fingers? You know, where you take two fingers and sweep and it zooms. Amazing isn't it.... Yea, we have that"

That is the only thing they try to impress me with.

And they forgot everything else the N900 could do that the iphone couldn't.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
yep, i recall seeing some video during the nokia world, where a guy was trying to two-finger zoom the browser...

gotta love those memes...

lol iphone is pathetic...REALLY MAN? THIS IS GREAT NEWS??? wow.... just wow....

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Newcastle UK
dude i was doing this 4 years ago on my SonyEricsson P910i..

iPhone/Apple/Steve Jobs poops and it breaking news in all the American centric blogs and papers.

i am glad they brought out the iPhone though.. gave Nokia a well deserved kick in the nuts for standing still

The Following User Says Thank You to Techtertainment For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Techtertainment View Post
dude i was doing this 4 years ago on my SonyEricsson P910i..

iPhone/Apple/Steve Jobs poops and it breaking news in all the American centric blogs and papers.

i am glad they brought out the iPhone though.. gave Nokia a well deserved kick in the nuts for standing still
yea for real. nokia was taking their time and it was worth it. loving the n900

Originally Posted by eikido View Post
I have impressed everyone that i've shown the N900 too.
And guess what the answer is from those who loves their iphone but don't know what a smartphone is.

"Can it zoom with two fingers? You know, where you take two fingers and sweep and it zooms. Amazing isn't it.... Yea, we have that"

That is the only thing they try to impress me with.

And they forgot everything else the N900 could do that the iphone couldn't.
thats why its so pathetic. i usually tell them "..ok then...go pinch your nipples. i can use my phone / computer with ONE hand while you need both" and the gesture makes ppl look RIDICULOUS in public lmfao

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I love taking shots at Apple, but on this issue it's a little hard for me to cast the first stone when Nokia doesn't officially support the BT HID profile in the N900, either. And the bugs in the unofficial implementation basically renders BT keyboards unusable from a practical standpoint. Hopefully, these issues get resolved soon, since I've found having an external keyboard quite useful on my n800. Until then, we're not in any better position then the iPhone people.

we are in terms of nokia sending out firmwares to fix issues. i mean the iphone didn't even have full BT untiil recently and its still kinda cripples. the n900 JUST came out. nokia is still sending out firmwares updates to n95 and 5800