Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Looking good, I love you for developing this. Much more fluid playing now as well!

One minor bug though, not able to adjust volume while choosing playlist.

And btw, what's up with this small control to the right of "next song button"?

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
Thanks It's supposed to become a volume-knob somewhere in the near future! I'll look up that bug and se if i comes up with a soultion

Hi!

nice if spotify could be used on N900 soon

i got a premium account, and i installed yesterday qtify, but client crashed/jammed on login.
Today i installed the update, and despotify(i'm not sure if i had installed it before) ...but same problem, client jams on login.

i tried uninstalling qtify and reinstalling it again...but no help

is there some requirements that i'm missing, or am i just being dumb?

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by Froztell View Post
Hi!

nice if spotify could be used on N900 soon

i got a premium account, and i installed yesterday qtify, but client crashed/jammed on login.
Today i installed the update, and despotify(i'm not sure if i had installed it before) ...but same problem, client jams on login.

i tried uninstalling qtify and reinstalling it again...but no help

is there some requirements that i'm missing, or am i just being dumb?
Perhaps if you start it from xterm you'd see some error output? does despotify work? (type despotify in xterm)
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
is there problems with repos or any other reason for qtify not showing up in my app manager? (had similar issue with mbarcode yesterday when trying out optification aka couldn't find app after uninstallation)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Nice.. works great. The Finnish translation is a bit funny though. It seems that there were a few different translations there in the thread."Loading playlist..." does not seem to be translated at the moment.

The biggest advances that can be done here are in the user interface. Have you ever used the s60v5 spotify app for instance? But as a first release this is phenomenal. Thank you!

Last edited by chainreaction; 2010-01-08 at 07:39.

Originally Posted by mece View Post
Perhaps if you start it from xterm you'd see some error output? does despotify work? (type despotify in xterm)
despotify just displays this

haven't used it before, don't know what it should do

Stop the press!!
Qspotify opened... there is something to do with connection used and authentication. Qtify got connected while in 3G - network, but my local WLAN seems to just hang on authentication.
Also i changed my password in Spotify.com, it was whining about wrong username/password all the time.

now i can login, but only through 3G, is there some spesific tcp ports qtify needs opened to work in WLAN too?

i can list my playlists now, but nothing plays
but this is sooo close...

WHAT... now songs play, must been user related problem

Great, seems to work... have to play with program a bit to test it.
wuhuUU!

Originally Posted by chainreaction View Post
Nice.. works great. The Finnish translation is a bit funny though. It seems that there were a few different translations there in the thread."Loading playlist..." does not seem to be translated at the moment.

The biggest advances that can be done here are in the user interface. Have you ever used the s60v5 spotify app for instance? But as a first release this is phenomenal. Thank you!
If you want to you can post whats wrong with the finnish translation in the translation thread, then i'll fix it till next update

Yeah, the UI isnt the best, but the first goal is to get playback and login routines rock-solid - then i'll go for the visual stuff

Originally Posted by Froztell View Post
despotify just displays this

haven't used it before, don't know what it should do

Stop the press!!
Qspotify opened... there is something to do with connection used and authentication. Qtify got connected while in 3G - network, but my local WLAN seems to just hang on authentication.
Also i changed my password in Spotify.com, it was whining about wrong username/password all the time.

now i can login, but only through 3G, is there some spesific tcp ports qtify needs opened to work in WLAN too?

i can list my playlists now, but nothing plays
but this is sooo close...

WHAT... now songs play, must been user related problem

Great, seems to work... have to play with program a bit to test it.
wuhuUU!
Did you have any local characters in you previous password, like åäö or so?

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Oulu, Finland
Really nice! UI needs improvements as someone said already.

One observation. Qtify hangs if you change from WLAN to 3G while playing music. Can someone confirm this?

The Following User Says Thank You to rusti For This Useful Post: