Active Topics

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Europe
I keep on losing phone calls because of bad UI design. Usually the phone is in my pocket. When someone is calling I take it out and accidentally touch the "reject" part. Other people have been reporting this problem, but so far Nokia refuses to fix it: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5982

Please vote for this bug at https://bugs.maemo.org/votes.cgi?act...5982#vote_5982 if you've experienced similar problems.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guaka For This Useful Post:
Yes! Please vote for this one, thanks!

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Guernsey
It's strange that Nokia don't think this is a serious problem on the N900, but on Symbian phones like the N97 they have the slide to answer system suggested in the bug.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Agreed.

It seems so easy to do, slide to answer/reject, hold to answer-reject, double-tap, whatever.

Sometimes they schedule something for the next release (as usual with Nokia) and simply sets stuff to "no". I understand that there are guidelines, but if the guidelines pain the user then the guidelines must be altered.

Additionally, I completely fail to see the refusal to offer the option. Changing the way phone works for everyone is bad but add a checkbox. I can't imagine it's that hard to add a backup solution.

It's not an obscure issue two people have.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Europe
There has been some more bug activity, still on RESOLVED WONTFIX, but we're on 17 votes now. Just needs a little bit more in order to get Nokia to do something about this.

And what Frederik wrote is useful: "Perhaps the source of the booklet that comes with the phone could be open sourced so we could provide a patch to it: Please place your phone with the USB socket pointing towards the pocket's entry hole, to avoid rejecting phone calls by accident when taking the phone out of your pocket"

I was hoping that the latest firmware will fix this issue but that wasn't the case. Nokia should do something about his ASAP because it is VERY annoying.

I've never experienced problems like those you are telling. When the phone is vibrating and sounding in my pocket, the proximity sensor keep it locked until I take it out, and then I can check the caller and choose to accept/refuse the call. Maybe if you usually carry your phone in a bag the proximity sensor can't work properly, as it is setted to a very close distance (proper for a pocket, bad for a bag). In that case the possibility to use the "Swap to answer" or any other solution you have proposed should be optional: you may need it, I don't.

Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
I've never experienced problems like those you are telling. When the phone is vibrating and sounding in my pocket, the proximity sensor keep it locked until I take it out, and then I can check the caller and choose to accept/refuse the call. Maybe if you usually carry your phone in a bag the proximity sensor can't work properly, as it is setted to a very close distance (proper for a pocket, bad for a bag). In that case the possibility to use the "Swap to answer" or any other solution you have proposed should be optional: you may need it, I don't.
Same fore me. I usually keep the phone in my pocket with the screen facing my leg.

I've probably rejected/answered calls unintentionally two or three times.

I voted anyway.