Notices

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Germany
hi guys...

the icq plugin i got via the haze plugin (which recently was updated a few times) refuses to connect

it seems, that its not even trying to connect...first I thought the port was wrong, and, indeed, it was set to -2144....*incredible high number* (end of the range ports normally have, maybe)

setting this to 5190 worked so far, but a day later, I had the problems like before...and changing the port did not help again

is anyone else experiencing this or found a solution?

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
Same problem, pidgin 2.5.8 on desktop connects just fine.
I wouldn't blame package entirely, mirabilis is known for making problems for alternate messengers.

Last edited by Elhana; 2010-01-06 at 23:35.

Same here. Looks like ICQ doesn't even try to connect. Immediately displays a "network error"

i expect the same problem. works for a few days, but now i got the same error. to me it also looks like icq doesn't even try to connect. in order to make sure i did not install something other, wich may causes this behavior, i flashed my n900 and just installed the plugin. any help would be really appreciated. is there a log file, or anything else wich may helps for further investigations?

kindly regards

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
There seems to be a problem with it, here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32871&page=36 is a thread with more people expierencing the same issues.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

thx Corwin, looks like there is currently no possiblity fixing the icq problem. isn't it possible to downgrade the plugin? problems occured after upgrading to 0.7.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
There seems to be a problem with it, here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32871&page=36 is a thread with more people expierencing the same issues.
yes, solved in this thread.

Code:
apt-get install purple-extra-protocols=2.6.3-6nix0
apt-get install libpurple0=2.6.3-6nix0
and u're back online again

The Following User Says Thank You to AndiThebest For This Useful Post:
works for me like a charme