Poll: Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?
Poll Options
Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Russia
Originally Posted by whc View Post
Yes you money back, or swap it for a new one as DOA (within 7 days), and last and maybe the most secure model, it to get it fixed by a service shop.

When I search my repair, I get "spare part ordered", so maybe this is a new screen .
Where is that search service?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Hafnia
Originally Posted by talkMAEMOnik View Post
Where is that search service?
I use a company called Telecare, here in Denmark they have walk in service, and repairs all brand within warranty, they have tracking system.

The Following User Says Thank You to whc For This Useful Post:
whc> im from DK too. you think theyll fix mine? i have a stuck pixel. bought it 7 days ago. from vacationing in Dubai, UAE.

I have receit, with imei nr. etc.

Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
I have what seems to be two, maybe three, stuck pixels. Stuck on white, making a sort of tiny diagonal dot, lower left to upper right direction. It's just down and left of center screen - a pretty obtrusive area, if you ask me. Anything with a dark screen and these pixels jump right out at you.

What should I do, then? Bother with a repair/replacement? I'm just asking about other's experiences and opinions.
Just following up on my post here.

I had ordered mine through Amazon, and it seems they have a very easy return policy - just ask for the return and you get it! That's a huge switch from all the hopps I have had to jump through in the recent past with RMA's and all (must be the economy, stupid! %^).

They even pay (I think?) for UPS delivery if you drop it off at a service center (or even call to have it picked up). They give you printable labels and everything. We'll see how it goes, just FYI you all.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
+1 or should I say +2 for dead pixels and screen defects.

I bought my first N900 in early December and I immediately noticed a large dust particle that was the equivalent of around 4 or 5 dead pixels. Fortunately PhoneHouse (where I bought the phone) agreed to replace it when they received new stock. This took about 3 weeks but I did get a new phone from them.
The problem is that the new phone has like 3 dead white-on pixels and several other smaller specks of different color (like red/blue) that aren't so visible but overall it looks like the Milkyway at night!
After noticing this, I called the Nokia Care hotline which told me to take it to my nearest repair center which I did. Here the guy looked at the screen and said that he had one in stock to replace it. It's been about 3 days now and I'm hoping it will be fixed early next week....I just hope that they didn't substitute one faulty screen for another. I was willing to have a couple dead pixels with LCD screens about 5 years ago when they came out but by now the technology has become mainstream and I find it unacceptable especially for high end models like the N900. I can only sympathize with the others wanting a device with no defects. It seems as though Nokia took a bad gamble when it thought it could contract the screen manufacturing out to someone with such bad quality control - they will pay it in after sales service and and customer dissatisfaction. At least their after-sales service seems decent so far...

-=AC=-

Originally Posted by AloxeCorton View Post
It seems as though Nokia took a bad gamble when it thought it could contract the screen manufacturing out to someone with such bad quality control - they will pay it in after sales service and and customer dissatisfaction. At least their after-sales service seems decent so far...
I know that 2 NOKIA's retail shops sell N900s with "Milkyway" screen and -as they sad- noone from customers who bought N900 from them didn't return it, even no bad response was got. And demand on N900 in that shops is well. So I am the first who complain about Milkyway screen.
Does it mean NOKIA wins, instead of lose? Cheap LCDs save money, quantity or returns not to big >>> cost price may be lower >> N900 can compete with other high-end phones better.

Last edited by talkMAEMOnik; 2010-01-09 at 19:20.

Colors and contrast like on the N900 make it far from cheap. I took a look at some android forums that have similar resolution and the problem seems to happen quite often.

I'm not returning mine for one pixel that I rarely notice and I'm pretty sure the device will have some scratch damage that I'll want fixed sooner or later so there's plenty of time for sending it back.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Funchal, Portugal
Ok, I already have my N900 so I did the tests and I found that I have two dead pixels. They are on the right corner of the screen. I'll run those fixing tests and see what happens... but they're so small that this doesn't quite bother me. I don't want to be waiting a month for a new N900 just because of two dead pixels.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Hafnia
Originally Posted by SonicSpinner View Post
whc> im from DK too. you think theyll fix mine? i have a stuck pixel. bought it 7 days ago. from vacationing in Dubai, UAE.

I have receit, with imei nr. etc.
Don't thing they will do phones bought outside DK within warranty, but try to contact them, maybe I am wrong http://www.telecare.dk/

Last edited by whc; 2010-01-10 at 01:05.

Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Colors and contrast like on the N900 make it far from cheap.
Only If there is no dust and hair particles under the screen

Originally Posted by Bec View Post
I took a look at some android forums that have similar resolution and the problem seems to happen quite often.
I don't know any android-phone with resolution for about 800x480, which is already in the market.

Tags
stop the pixel genocide!!, who is murdering pixels??