Active Topics

Hi all; was reading/relying to this thread all day at work and couldnt wait to get home to my N900 to update my firmware, finaly done it now, all went smooth and fast, new app manager view looks sweet, i noticed they also changed the app manager background image, UI seems a tad faster/smoother also.

you can update with PC Suite Directly, more safe and update is done 100% .. and dont update to OVI Suite since N900 isn't supported by OVI Suite yet. Also another thing if you are trying to take a backup from the PC Suite won't work, but dont worry you can use the backup on the Mobile it self, its good enough, after you make the backup dont forget to backup the backup folder onto your PC just incase, however after backup my contacts etc where still on my N900.

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Since my previous post seem to be lost now, I ask another time with the copy of the original post ...

I also add the fact I have obviously used the update function in the applications manager, so without success, I thinking maybe I'm not using the right repository ? any idea ?

A++
Maybe give it 24 hours in case the rollout hasn't happened for your phone yet. Seemed to be staggered so maybe yours just hasn't been enabled yet.

Originally Posted by theflew View Post
It appears the store is open now. Using store.ovi.com bookmark works on the N900.
Ah right. I don't have that bookmark. I have just been trying the ovi store link in the menu.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
When was the FW update posted? I checked last night 11pm EST and no update.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Keir View Post
Why the hell didn't they add the 3UK Sim card fix???!!!

Arghh so anoyed.
Because this update makes it possible to push that fix OTA. PR1.1 (which includes the fix) can't be far around the corner if they're pushing this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Because this update makes it possible to push that fix OTA. PR1.1 (which includes the fix) can't be far around the corner if they're pushing this.
Really, your first post about this (not the second, third, ...) should be stung into every ones face as soon as they enter the thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to youNit For This Useful Post:
i started update from update manager, it startet download.
after a couple of minutes i looked at it again and noticed that it was shut down.
now i cant boot it.
any suggestions?!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by wutzman View Post
i started update from update manager, it startet download.
after a couple of minutes i looked at it again and noticed that it was shut down.
now i cant boot it.
any suggestions?!
If it won't start at all, remove & reinstall the battery.

Update went smoothly here,
No problems with Ogg (or FLAC) support....didn't have to do anything but put it down and let if finish.

Tags
firmware, firmware update, minor update, n900, ota, pr1.0.1, ssu, update