My 770--order #57238260, Nov. 15--shipped yesterday, Dec. 13.

They certainly aren't shipping in numerical order then My number is about 1000 lower than that. I know it's not 1000 770s but still!

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Virginia Beach, VA USA
Any news? My order is 11/18, still nothing here.

Oh, sorry. I updated in another thread. I had ordered on the 15th Nov and it shipped on the 15th of Dec and arrived at my friends place in New York on the 16th. He's been 'testing' it for me since and just mailed it to me today. Won't get it here in NZ before christmas but I am hopeful for new years!

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Virginia Beach, VA USA
At least they're still shipping. I'm hoping to get mine by Christmas, but I highly doubt it.

Originally Posted by Simon
. Won't get it here in NZ before christmas but I am hopeful for new years!
Got one of the first batch in the UK, going to be bring it back to NZ as well, next year. Been looking into the broadband speeds in NZ, whats gives with the 128kb upload limit on almost all the plans? Im going to need a bit more than that for work - you got any ISP recommendations?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2005 @ San Francisco, CA
I recieved an email from Nokia on 12/14 that the tablet had shipped, and it included a tracking number. The Tablet arrived on 12/15 :-) Unfortunately, I was visiting family in Las Vegas when it arrived, so didn't get to report on delivery until now.

At least when they finally sent it, they sent it express (I think I had chosen the cheapest shipping option). FYI: My order was placed at 5:00am PST on 11/15. My order number is 57230283

I noticed my box has two of the "v2.0" stickers on it...one over the other. Have others seen this?
http://www.markandjo.com/markblog

Ah yes, the stupid 128k upstream limit. Believe it or not this is written into the telecommunications act that says that is the maximum allowable upwards speed on Unbundled Bitstream which is what everyone (ISPs I mean) in NZ have to use to access Telecom's monopoly on the local loop. One of the competitiors just got a ruling they can offer a higher speed service (but still only 128k up). The press release is here: http://www.comcom.govt.nz//MediaCent...reamacces.aspx

As for ISP recommendations I am not sure. In Auckland there isn't much choice but I believe in Wellington and Christchurch there might be more choice. NZ is truely in the dark ages when it comes to broadband access. Hell, my favourite pub doesn't even have any wireless APs around it and that was the main place I wanted to use my 770 when I get it

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ St Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by nowen
Has anyone who ordered on or after Nov 18th received their 770 yet?

Thanks
Does anyone have any good news to share? I was really hoping some might start shipping this week.

Originally Posted by Simon
Ah yes, the stupid 128k upstream limit...
Yep. Not to good. I see that Telecom see anyone who needs more upload bandwith as a minority. I have had 2 free upgrades here in London, and now have 2meg down and 512 up. We definitly have some catching up to do.
Saturn/Telstra in Wellington and Christchurch have some better options through their cable service. Have fun with your 770 when it arrives!