Why on earth do they have to be so fricken difficult !
Its annoying as hell !
any guide on changing it to 203 ?

so im guessing this is to get rid of Voip apps right ?
same as the n96, if your in another country they dont want you using that !
so im guessing thats why wi fi is included in data charges that chargeable

The thing with this warranty nonsense though is that it doesn't void your warranty with Nokia directly!

I had this with my N96 - Voda nattered on about how I shouldn't unrband as I couldn't send it to them for repair. They bang on about their Nokia trained repairers, but hey, Nokia have those too!

With previous phones, like my trusty *COUGH* n73, I always sent to Nokia directly. I think you should flash, ignore vodafone and if you have issues, use the Nokia 2 year warranty!

Vodafone do great contracts but are awful with branding!!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Kwljunky View Post
Why on earth do they have to be so fricken difficult !
Its annoying as hell !
any guide on changing it to 203 ?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Dont i need to change the product code and stuff ?
for it to properly install or can i flash it directly ?

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
if i were you i would return the phone under vodafones 7 days returns policy, and get one online or from Carphone Warehouse as their phones are all unlocked.

yeah a reflash might work but thats a hassle and risk IMO.

Vodafone are an excellent provider but their customer services and branding is a real problem, i remember seeing a N95 branded Vodafone, they removed the radio access and wanted you to sign up to their paid internett radio servies.. tut tut...

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Brighton, UK
I made a point of *not* getting my N900 from Vodafone for this very reason. Went to NFS Regent St and they did me an upgrade to my existing contract for the same minutes/SMS/data allowance, £5 less per month and the N900 was free!

As consumers, we need to be demonstrating to the carriers that all this branding nonsense is simply not acceptable - probably the one thing we owe a debt of gratitude to Apple for with the way they did the iPhone with O2 is the fact that they refused to allow branding.

Nothing that a reflash can't put right, but the whole point of the N900 and Maemo is that we shouldn't have to go to such lengths simply to get the functionality that Nokia intended.

Originally Posted by PhilE View Post
I made a point of *not* getting my N900 from Vodafone for this very reason. Went to NFS Regent St and they did me an upgrade to my existing contract for the same minutes/SMS/data allowance, £5 less per month and the N900 was free!

As consumers, we need to be demonstrating to the carriers that all this branding nonsense is simply not acceptable - probably the one thing we owe a debt of gratitude to Apple for with the way they did the iPhone with O2 is the fact that they refused to allow branding.

Nothing that a reflash can't put right, but the whole point of the N900 and Maemo is that we shouldn't have to go to such lengths simply to get the functionality that Nokia intended.
Very well said

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Kwljunky View Post
Dont i need to change the product code and stuff ?
for it to properly install or can i flash it directly ?
You should be able to flash it directly using the "flasher" application.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
you dont need to change product code to debrand like we have to on s60.
its as simple as downloading the image and flasher.
but like someone said vodaMone might not be happy and void warranty