SBOX_CPUTRANSPARENCY_METHOD not set???? How to deal with this error?

I've tried setting it's value to
SBOX_CPUTRANSPARENCY_METHOD=/scratchbox/devkits/cputransp/bin/qemu-arm

In the scratch box config file... I get even more errors that way.

Hi,

sorry, but we need a bit more information to help.

1) what do you want to do?
2) what did you do?
3) what was the real error message?
4) when did it come up?

By setting the value on your own it might be that this messed up the target setup. So please be a bit more concrete.

Cheers Daniel

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by jaywhy13 View Post
SBOX_CPUTRANSPARENCY_METHOD not set???? How to deal with this error?

I've tried setting it's value to
SBOX_CPUTRANSPARENCY_METHOD=/scratchbox/devkits/cputransp/bin/qemu-arm

In the scratch box config file... I get even more errors that way.
I ran into the same problem the other day and couldn't find any clear and obvious answers. Did some more digging and found out the real problem was my goof up. SDK gives you two different types of targets: _X86, and _armel. _X86 is used to build apps for testing and running within the SDK; _armel is used to build apps that will only actually run on the tablet/devices themselves.

So if you're compiling an app to test, my problem was I was in the _armel target, so I got the SBOX_CPUTRANSPARENCY_METHOD error every time I went to run the app within the SDK. So, here's the process:
  1. login to scratchbox
  2. type sb-menu and hit enter
  3. From the menu, go down to "Select - Activate a target"
  4. Select either Diablo_X86 of Fremantle_X86 (whichever one you're building for).
  5. Hit OK
  6. Scratchbox will restart, and now you're in _X86 mode. Rebuild your application; it will now run normally.
  7. When you're ready to build for testing on a device, do the same thing but this time select an "_armel" target, rebuild your files/package. You will only be able to run the "_armel" version on the device itself.

Hope that helps! It solved my problem!

Thanks!

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italy
I had your same problem and I solved this way:

1) run scratchbox
2) run sb-menu
3) hit "setup a target"
4) hit "FREMANTLE_ARMEL" (if this is the system you want to cross-compile for)
5) select compiler "cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm7 (cross)" (this is the one avaible in my installation)
6) now when it asks for a devkit, select "cputransp"
7) select "done"
8) select CPU-transparency method, I selected "qemu-arm-0.8.2-sb2"
9) do you wish to extract bla bla? "No" (I really don't know what that could mean, sorry)
10) do you wish to install files to the target? Well, I selected "Yes", but I changed nothing...
11) go back to main menu and exit

now you can try to cross-compile and run a simple helloworld on your target machine (the binary produced by gcc are native for ARM processor, qemu transparently runs that code inside your scratchbox).

It worked on my installation.

Hope this helps,

L-

Last edited by morusaka; 2010-01-13 at 23:01.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to morusaka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brno, Czech Republic
Uf after fresh install I can select only "none" transparency method.

Even if this thread is kinda "old", I had the same problem, but here you can read what to select

http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...K_Installation

Log-in to Scratchbox.

Code:
$ /scratchbox/login
Configure the scratchbox x86 and armel targets as follows:

Code:
[sbox->:~]>sb-conf st FREMANTLE_X86 -c cs2007q3-glibc2.5-i486 -d perl:debian-etch:doctools:svn:git -t none
[sbox->:~]>sb-conf st FREMANTLE_ARMEL -c cs2007q3-glibc2.5-arm7 -d qemu:perl:debian-etch:doctools:svn:git -t qemu-arm-sb
Download the minimal rootstraps.

Code:
[sbox->:~]> wget http://repository.maemo.org/stable/fremantle/armel/maemo-sdk-rootstrap_5.0_20.2010.36-2_armel.tgz http://repository.maemo.org/stable/fremantle/i386/maemo-sdk-rootstrap_5.0_20.2010.36-2_i386.tgz
Switch to x86 target, install the devkits, etc and fakeroot into the target, install the minimal rootstrap and finally the Maemo development files.

Code:
[sbox->:~]> sb-conf se FREMANTLE_X86
[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] > sb-conf rs maemo-sdk-rootstrap_5.0_20.2010.36-2_i386.tgz