Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Really really hoping that the update has not rolled out over here yet... found a way to finally recharge my n900 battery, but if PR1.1 is out over here, I won't be able to update to it at all without first getting 1.0.1... and I can't update by flasher since my USB port is broken. Ugh.

Update OTA, thanks to some help from this thread.

Few things I've noticed. Everything looks nicer, menus are organized via alphabetical order now, load screen is diffirent and improved.

One other very nice bonus (beside broswer profile mode) is that before with VNC viewer over cellular data I could not connect and maintain a connection. As soon the connection was validated (IE password entered) the connection would fail. Now though it's working as if nothing was every wrong. Not complaining.

It's interesting though because I just sent an email to T-mobile asking them about their data networks MNU settings.

I guess we'll have to see, but I have a gut feeling it was something with the phones settings.

2d

i have been trying to download it and i can't "not enough memory in target location" i got 30 mb of rootfs available ......

i disabled devs and testing catalogues and unistalled some apps What should i do?? tried downloading from NSU but there wasn't an update..

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brno, Czech Republic
Hmm, I just finished update but now once I'm on Wifi (WEP based) it can't resolve names anymore (updated on same network). Qith O2 2G/3G connection it works.

Anyone seeing similar problem (with a solution before reporting it)?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
If you used NSU/flasher, yes. The OTA update doesn't touch installed apps though.
I can't seem to update OTA using home wlan. It's asking me to update via PC..

update successful ... portrait mode on browser tested ...
one thing .. the update arranged my apps in alphabetical order

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
I have 50 mb left but can not update.Please help

Originally Posted by dandiesel View Post
I can't seem to update OTA using home wlan. It's asking me to update via PC..
me too .. WHY ??

Originally Posted by sugar0 View Post
me too .. WHY ??
Guys read this thread. It has to do with software most likely installed from dev repo. Just uninstall it. For me it was IOQuake and OpenArena. Uninstall, after the update reinstall.

Presto!

Anyone know if this has fixed the wi-fi battery leak issue?

2d

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2disbetter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by spanner View Post
App Manager is just a pretty wrapper around the 'apt-get' system. If apt manager isn't seeing it, it's because the update isn't available (I know, I'm in the UK too). I really advise you to just be patient! We will get it soon.
I've been refreshing almost constantly since 7:30 am. Can I stamp my feet and wail and throw a tantrum yet? Please???

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update