Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
don't wait too long b/c battery will die, this as become near fatal to others.
some one here had the 1second problem too and pulled USB lead and did not get any problems but that's no guarantee you wont though
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=332

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Updated while eating lunch at I-Ching using their wifi. Took about 30 minutes total from start to finish. Scrolling is much smoother now and the device seems faster in general.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Updated while eating lunch at I-Ching using their wifi. Took about 30 minutes total from start to finish. Scrolling is much smoother now and the device seems faster in general.
Don't tell me you were in Hamburg, or worse, at the mall?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
I have tried to update via xtermial with this command
apt-get upgrade
but after downloading 101mb now it is showing this error.please help.what todo??

Fetched 101MB in 3h30min15s (8007B/s)
Failed to fetch https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fr...68+0m5_all.deb Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transfered the last 120 seconds
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Last edited by plaban; 2010-01-14 at 19:04.

Originally Posted by Serbia View Post
So whats the point using browser in portrait mode than??? take google in portrait mode...useless totally u can't type/.......
You can scan thru fourms and news sites, that are "long" in nature a lot faster, without having to scroll. Or if you're multitasking, You have info more readily available without having to scroll back and forth (e.g. when I was configuring my SIP client and PBX trunk from the 900, I didn't have to keep scrolling up and down on the web page because all the info was visible on the screen at one time).

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Space can't be the issue in your case. I successfully updated with only 40 MB free.
Maybe you got some conflicting packages so that the update cannot work. Either find and remove those (stuff from extras-devel perhaps) or flash via NSU or the command line flasher-3.5 tool.
Hi, I cant flash it via NSU or flasher in order not to lose some data/app. Cant I get a list of these "conflicting" packages? via Xterm maybe?

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by billy900 View Post
off the topic q and A.. how did you put a picture on your avatar.??
Control Panel (top right of screen) / Edit Avatar and upload from your computer

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Just updated mine (UK).. fine, no download or update problems but did get a reboot 2 minutes into using it . Has anyone else had this?
Just to clear up- I haven't had any more reboots so it must have been part of it

can anyone help? nokia aren't replying and no one on the maemo forums seems to know either as to why the previous update caused problems for people updating?
And is this 1 safe to update/install? And if so how should we do it, via NSU or flasher tool? And is the new updated firmware file available on line?

Cmon surely someone must know something or be able to help, its not a rocket science question.

Dissapointed with nokia and whole maemo experience

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update