Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
im still weary about installing the new update until someone can assure me that it is safe and as to why the previous update hanged on people, an from what im reading some ppl are still having issues installing this firmware but nothing similar to the previous 1 where it just hanged at the last second!

Only 1 person replied and suggested to read all the threads but theres like 70 pages here already, thats a lot of reading to do! If u know the answer then just why not help me out by telling me?

I'm running PR1.1. I used WLAN to upgrade. No problems.

The browser is lightning fast now. Portrait mode in the browser is automatic based on phone orientation (with keyboard closed).

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Disable extras-devel and extras-testing and, from X Terminal run (as root):
Code:
apt-get remove libqt4-phonon
That seems to have helped several people get the update installing.
Thanks, that did it! I was already preparing to try that cache moving thing, but this fixed it.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
How do I find the free space on rootfs?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
im still weary...
I think you mean "leery".

...about installing the new update until someone can assure me that it is safe...
Most people have had no difficulties what so ever with either recent update. Most. Obviously, some people have experienced trouble.

Neither I nor anyone else can guarantee you'll have a trouble-free upgrade experience. Unless your N900's rootfs is overly full or contains packages with dependencies that conflict with the upgrade, your odds of success are good. However, there's always a chance something could go wrong. Cosmic rays and all that.

Make a backup to MicroSD before trying the update. If all goes wrong, you'll reflash, restore your backup, and continue on.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by dmcconachie View Post
How do I find the free space on rootfs?
From X Terminal run:
Code:
df -h /

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
Hi all,

I've been having trouble updating to 1.1.

Current status: I have version 1.2009.44-1 installed. It installed fine over the air.

When i try to update to the new version (going to app-manager -> update) i get the message:

"To update your device to this version of the operating system you must use the nokia software update application on your pc, connect the device to your pc via usb cable and launch the application."

I've already searched the forum, and indeed i had ioquake installed which i've already removed and also prboom.

I did not have libqt4-phonon installed.
I've also deactivated extras-testing

did

apt-get clean
apt-get autoclean
apt-get install -f

and tried to install using

apt-get upgrade: It says the new packaged are not going to be installed and nothing more.

apt-get dist-upgarde it says i do not have enough space in /var/cache/apt/archives. although my rootfs is at 74%

Also I don't which nokia software they are talking about, since I didn't get any with my phone nor references to it, also I don't have windows installed, where can i get that software ?

Any clues ? thanks in advance !

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Hello guys,

I am trying to update my N900 with new firmware, but it stuck on
"Downloading 89,5 MB". I tried few times, but whitout luck.

Please give me advice what to do.
Should I try to update via NSU? Last time I used it N900 bricked and now I am a little afraid to use it again....

Thank you in advance.
Regards.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Help with 1.1 Update" with one post has been merged into this thread.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
From X Terminal run:
Code:
df -h /
Wow 39.2M free. Guess I can see where my problem is!

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
How come it doesn't update uname -a or hostname??

Bluetooth Audio still choppy as before. Looks like it wasn't addressed.

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update