Posts: 62 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Kerava
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
Does maemo-optify work in Windows using MADDE? If not, what would be the best way to optify in Windwos?
maemo-optify is not delivered with MADDE. I think that we can add it for next MADDE release when I'm integrated it in.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rontti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
If you put the same code in the rules script, it will solve your problem.
Actually was very wrong, I didn't looked to our script carefully, probably I was a bit sleepy .

Anyway if you want to create symlink the best and easy option is using maemo-optify as mikkov explained.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Turku, Finland
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Sorry, but you're doing it all wrong.

Use maemo-optify. Simplest is to make debian/optify file with "auto" in it. Then run maemo-optify-deb for debs produced with dpkg-buildpackage.

Other option is to install directly to /opt/boulderdash directory
I can't use maemo-optify, i'm using MADDE on windows too, as Sasler is. I don't want to go the autobuilder road either, because this package isn't going to maemo.org repositories.

Installing directly to /opt is working very well so far, as i've done it already. The only problem is that i don't know how to remove the symlinks while removing the package.

I guess i could just transfer the .deb to the N900, run maemo-optify on it there, and get the package back. It seems kind of an unnecessary hassle to me. I already know where the files have to be, and i already know that there has to be some symlinks in the right places, so why can't i just make a .deb that does that automatically?

Last edited by timperi; 2010-01-13 at 17:54. Reason: updated the message according to new posts that i hadn't seen

Originally Posted by timperi View Post
Installing directly to /opt is working very well so far, as i've done it already. The only problem is that i don't know how to remove the symlinks while removing the package.
For simplicity, right now; How about you just create a postrm or prerm script in the debian folder to delete your symlink if it exists.

I guess i could just transfer the .deb to the N900, run maemo-optify on it there, and get the package back. It seems kind of an unnecessary hassle to me. I already know where the files have to be, and i already know that there has to be some symlinks in the right places, so why can't i just make a .deb that does that automatically?
Nope, you can't just transfer the deb to the n900 and run maemo-optify on it -- thats too late in the process. maemo-optify has to run before it actually turns it into the single file package.

Now the proper method would be in the debian/rules file in the install section create a rule that creates the symlink. Then the package manager would automatically delete the symlinks for you when you de-installed.

Nathan

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by timperi View Post
You shouldn't create any symlinks in postinst script. If you really need them, they should be included in the actual package. I think dh_link can help creating them http://man.he.net/man1/dh_link

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Now the proper method would be in the debian/rules file in the install section create a rule that creates the symlink. Then the package manager would automatically delete the symlinks for you when you de-installed.
Nathan
Thank you, i will look into the rules file, and try to figure out what to write in there to make things happen.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Nope, you can't just transfer the deb to the n900 and run maemo-optify on it -- thats too late in the process. maemo-optify has to run before it actually turns it into the single file package.
.. though you might be able to run maemo-optify-deb on it.

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
You shouldn't create any symlinks in postinst script. If you really need them, they should be included in the actual package. I think dh_link can help creating them http://man.he.net/man1/dh_link
I had a feeling that was the wrong way, but tried it anyway
Now since i'm running on MADDE, and it doesn't seem to have dh_link available, i think i will have to find a way to make the symlinks some other way.

And i really need the symlinks, how else could i place everything in the /opt/... subfolders?