Posts: 71 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo
Ne@polis, press ctrl+shift+o again disables rotation.

or alternativley, open the keyboard (this seems to flick it back to landscape)

Last edited by ymb; 2010-01-15 at 13:21. Reason: added keyboard tip

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Naples, Italy
Originally Posted by ymb View Post
Ne@polis, press ctrl+shift+o again disables rotation.

or alternativley, open the keyboard (this seems to flick it back to landscape)
Works! Thanks!

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by jr1415us View Post
If you scroll the page at a moderate speed while in portrait mode without flinging the page, text flows in a "wavy" fashion up and down the page.

In other words, text on the left refreshes at a rate different from the text on the right side or middle.

This may well happen in landscape mode too, but the screen height is too short for it to be noticed.
I don't seet this at all in landscape, but it is very wavy/watery in portrait. Also, one cannot do anything in portrait except for view: no adding/getting bookmarks, etc., or touch/hold screen to invoke context menu.

Hopefully, what we are seeing is only microB portrait mode beta and it is not finished yet, as has been suggested elsewhere on thse boards.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
I don't seet this at all in landscape, but it is very wavy/watery in portrait. Also, one cannot do anything in portrait except for view: no adding/getting bookmarks, etc., or touch/hold screen to invoke context menu.

Hopefully, what we are seeing is only microB portrait mode beta and it is not finished yet, as has been suggested elsewhere on thse boards.
It's already been said that this is not finished yet, it's just a sneak preview for us to see what it could be like. It's still useable to read long webpages with columns, so it's better than nothing, right ?

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Right.....

Took me 2/3 tries to get in working, but now it works fine. (or as good as can be expected for an unfinished revision).

Works every time I rotate now, even after a power cycle.

Great stuff! - here's waiting for gui updates??

not working for me

and yes i can follow instructions

Seems i didn't know which was the shift key DOH

just clicked after a week of trying

I'll go and hide now

I've downloaded and updated the latest version of software (2.2009.51-1) which should enable the Internet to be viewed in portrait mode, but surprise, surprise, it doesn't !!
I phoned Nokia, and their resolution was to switch the phone off, take the battery out, hold the power down for 10 seconds, replace the battery then start the phone, but to no great surprise, this didn't have any affect.

Has anyone else had this problem please ?

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
Did you try the shortcut?

Ctrl + Shift + O on keyboard

You need to, if you want to enable portrait.
Then just use the shortcut again if you want to disable it.

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

Tags
easter egg, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser, microb, portrait, portrait mode, portrait mode browsing, portraitudinal, pr1.1, web browser