Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Excellent application!

Works perfectly in my network Debitel Slovenia.

Settings:

Access Point Name: mms.mobitel.si
Username: mobitel
Password: internet

Advanced
Enable "Use Proxy"
HTTP Proxy: 213.229.249.40
Port number: 8080

MMSC: http://mms.mobitel.si/servlets/mms

Big thanks to frals!

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Has anybody gotten fmms working in Finnish DNA network? I have been able to send MMS to another network with fmms, but I have not been able receive any.

Originally Posted by labra View Post
Has anybody gotten fmms working in Finnish DNA network? I have been able to send MMS to another network with fmms, but I have not been able receive any.
Did you try to send any mms to yourselves?

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by labra View Post
Do you get the SMS Push notification or not? Did you restart the daemon after installing 0.1.9 (or the device), it might be experiencing permissions problem - reinstalling and and rebooting should fix it, or if you aren't afraid of the terminal, kill the running fmmsd and chown -R user:users /home/user/.fmms

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
If you use your N900 with a new SIM that wasn't in another phone befor (or wasn't used there to send/receive MMS), make sure before you try fMMS that it would work on a phone that's capable of sending MMS out of the box.

The reason is that some operators seem to put restrictions on MMS to avoid messages being lost if the phone on the receiving end isn't capable of MMS or isn't correctly configured.

Happened to me: I played with the setting and got really frustrated until T-Mobile told me my SIM*wasn't yet activated for MMS. They activated in while we talked, and I used fMMS from that moment on successfully without a single change in the configuration.

Just as an input for those who're struggling...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Hi,

maybe it's a good idea to collect all the parameters necessary for a special provider in a special country in a table or list in the wiki. Then not everybody has to read the whole thread

What do you think?

A good starting point would be here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Mms

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Los Angeles
yay! 0.1.10 magically works for me now! 0.1.08 was giving me response 200, but i could see errors in the header and my messages were never sending or receiving. i just did the update and sent a mms to myself, and all of a sudden it works! im very excited!

its pretty ironic because after many days and calls to at&t, yesterday they finally got it set up where i would get a sms alert to go to a website where i could retrieve my mms. but this is way better! thanks frals!

bugs i have experienced with 0.1.10:
  • inbox does not refresh after mms is received. must restart program to update inbox
  • TO button doesnt work. i know others have already mentioned this
  • double clicking a message in the inbox opens it twice and the mms must be closed twice to return to the inbox (the way the mms swipes off screen makes it look like u were 2 messages over to the right). i guess you could probably click more than twice and get many duplicates open if you click fast enough. this is obviously very minor but im not sure anyone has mentioned it yet.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Do you get the SMS Push notification or not? Did you restart the daemon after installing 0.1.9 (or the device), it might be experiencing permissions problem - reinstalling and and rebooting should fix it, or if you aren't afraid of the terminal, kill the running fmmsd and chown -R user:users /home/user/.fmms
no I don't get the notification. tried reinstalling and also chowning but no luck so far. tested by sending mms to myself.

hi,
is fmms will work in israel with cellcom as the provider ?
i dont fully understnad how its working , do i must have internet connection in order to send mms ?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
First of all, a big thanks to frals for the app (and for fAPN too of course)

But I have little problems I hope you can help with:

1) I created the MMS APN with fAPN, and now my N900 automatically connects to this MMS APN every time when an internet connection is needed. Example: I'm not connected to anything --> I choose a bookmark from desktop --> connects to MMS. I have a desktop widget that shows me my current IP and it says that the MMS APN is gprs0 and the Internet APN is gprs1. Could this be the problem and how to change it?

2) When sendind an MMS with text, the recipent sees it like so that the text is over the picture. Should I write the message's body myself, is this yet unsupported or am I doing something wrong maybe?

Thanks

Last edited by Hiienhurtta; 2010-01-16 at 10:40.

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python