Posts: 59 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
Works pretty nicely. Laptop connected to gmail via web browser. I tested two setups, both N900 and my laptop using wlan, and N900 using 3G, laptop using wlan. Both setups work. Oh and the image quality of N900's front cam is way better in this firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuXer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dak View Post
Go to jabber.org and sign up for a free username

I'm EST too....I'll watch this thread and maybe we can do a test vidcall between our N900s
Good deal...I'm signed up. PM me if anyone wants to test via Jabber. Read something on Jabber site about it being compatible w/Google Talk accounts? Does that mean that calls between the two different clients will connect?

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
Originally Posted by Dak View Post
Anyone game to try a N900 <-> N900 jabber/jabber videocall test?
I don't bite
PM me
I just tried this with 2 N900 updated yesterday and i can made the jabber voice call as always, but dont show any video/camera option or button.

Last edited by MatMat; 2010-01-15 at 15:17.

Originally Posted by MatMat View Post
I just tried this with 2 N900 updated yesterday and i can made the jabber voice call as always, but dont show any video/camera option or button.
Take into account you have to be in landscape mode

You have to start the call from a PC or a program that supports video chat (e.g. none on the N900 at this moment).

For example, if you use Windows or OSX. Google, gtalk and video, the first result should be a site owned by Google that takes you to a page to install the software for video. Then open the dedicated GChat app or go to your gmail.com and start a video call from there to your N900.

If you are using Linux, I believe you will have to use a program like Ekiga.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I tried both Pidgin and Empathy without much success. Shortly after starting video conversation, N900 auto switches to audio only.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
Yeah ! I just found out about this too, I can receieve video calls from my friend using gtalk now ! its awesome !

The 3 things that aren't great for now:

- The image I recieve is very very choppy, and it doesn't look like network problems, but video displaying problems.

- No possibility to start the video call from the N900.

- No fullscreen

very cool nevertheless

Ok, i tried from a PC using Firefox, installed the gtalk video plugin and it works.
WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.
It was connected and sending audio/video by 10 minutes.
The front n900 camera is not very good quality (we already knew that), but works for this with good light.

I tried with skype but no signal of video anywhere, hope will be implemented soon !

The bad thing is that someone with a client capable of video of gtalk/jabber MUST call YOU into your n900, if you made the call to them the video option dont appear.

Last edited by MatMat; 2010-01-15 at 22:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MatMat For This Useful Post:
I made a screen shot to show the image quality, but the screenshot dont get the video images.

The Following User Says Thank You to MatMat For This Useful Post: