Active Topics

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Only one that I know of here in Boston, MA...

Felt quite chuffed though when the manager in the Tmobile store asked to see the phone and get a walk through - I also thought it was a silly question when he asked me why I chose the N900 over one of their android offerings!!

Hmmmm....

I would love to see some kind of numbers for this device as its the first Maemo phone - we hear all kinds of numbers here about the popularity of android and the iphone, it would be nice to see how popular the N900 is around the world. Preorders back in November seemed to be hectic - after all amazon.com at one point were saying it would be over a month before some of the orders started shipping! Makes me wonder how popular and what sort of demand there is for this awesome device...

Last edited by jer006; 2010-01-18 at 21:47.

*ENVY*
Only seen pix and a dummy of the N900!

*omw to start a when will it arrive thread*

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
hi im currently in Barbados(Caribbean) and ive seen about 8-15 of them...i was shocked as BB dominates the market here(not because of them being great devices...its a network service/lack of service issue)....
so much so that were trying to create a little geek group/get together here in Barbados to get us all together...
(btw 3 females in the group....even more shocking)

Not seen anyone... but I get mine tomorrow so I'll let my gf hold it so its like I've seen someone else with one

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Cartoon_Head View Post
I saw someone on the tube on my way back from work (Bakerloo line) sitting there playing with his n900, i should have chalenged him to a game of open arena!

CH
That may've been me, I travel on the Bakerloo - say hi next time!

Was at a friends house helping him look for reasonably priced phone, while his other friend was there i whipped out the n900 to check a text. He said WOW that's the N900 can i shake your hands? Lmao. Then he proceeded to ask me if he can hold it for a bit and listed the specs to my friend and told him this is the mini computer he needs to get lol. Felt real proud of my phone there. Was shocked my self didnt expect to find anyone who knew about, that i haven't told.

i know already 2 other persons with a N900 besides me, and the 3th is also already ordered.

Also belcompany a store in my city had last weekend a big sign in front of there store where the marketed the N900.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by PhilE View Post
One of our help desk guys has an N900, but apart from that I've not seen another one in the wild and as far as I know, noobmonkey is the next nearest N900 user to me.
N900 user up by Seven Dials, here

I know one person with an N900, and another who is torn between getting one and getting a Nexus One. No comparison, if you ask me

Last edited by 2bli2; 2010-01-18 at 23:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to 2bli2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
well i havent seen any other than the one i own. i do think that when i do see someone else with one ill end up talking to them to see if they think its as amazing as i think it is. no doubt they'll agree

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chesterfield, England
Im convinced im the only person in Chesterfield (UK) to own an N900. If im wrong please let me know :-)