There probably isnt a way but, its kinda hard to use the QWERTY keyboard to text while your on the go. Like in class or while driving or eating ect. Any way to enable the onscreen keypad to have a number pad T9 typing?

Thanks for your inputs =D

The Following User Says Thank You to alliswell For This Useful Post:
not yet :-((((((((((((((((((((

Sucks....i was driving today and it was so hard to text with the QWERTY. Holding the steering wheel with one hand, the phone on my leg, and trying to type. Just...hard.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
We need this feature in the next firmware!!

Shouldn't be texting while driving...

As for T9, it will most likely never be provided by Nokia. Instead, hope/request for a community member to implement it.

The Following User Says Thank You to unkno For This Useful Post:
Lol i wouldn't recommend text while driving period. However T9 is very useful if you were to use the phone with one hand while walking or so.

Lol, i love to text while driving. What better use of the free time =P But i mean, you can one hand text while shopping, cooking, eating, sitting in a boring class...ect. Its hard to do that with QWERTY in those situations =(

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Feel free to vote in http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...it_mode_input/

Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
Lol, i love to text while driving. What better use of the free time =P But i mean, you can one hand text while shopping, cooking, eating, sitting in a boring class...ect. Its hard to do that with QWERTY in those situations =(
Here in California that can get really expensive. The actual ticket is only $20, but with all the court fees, traffic school and so on, it turns out to be $250 for a text message. How do I know? Don't ask. Let's just say my wallet is a couple bills short now.

Rather than text, why can't you just call?
Or pull over and text? Isn't that make it safer?

N900 is a great device in my opinion helping to prevent traffic accidents due to drivers using mobile phones