when you need a hand crank charger you know you have been surfing too much on the 770 and your eyes probably need a break, lol

Well I won't be buying 5000 of those anytime soon

They look to me to be next generation giveaways now that self-retracting modem cables are so passe

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Midlands, UK
Originally Posted by Russ Sadd
You're quite right: the batteries are Li-Ion or Li-polymer, meaning that you should continuously top-up the charge and avoid deep cycles (completely discharging them and recharging from empty).
Russ -

Not that I doubt you at all, but I'd be really interested to see anything you can cite about this. I've been doing "deep cycles" with my 770 as I /thought/ this was the best way to run it but, as I say, I'd be really interested to see something conclusive saying the opposite!

Many thanks!
Jaycee

Originally Posted by jaycee
Russ -

Not that I doubt you at all, but I'd be really interested to see anything you can cite about this. I've been doing "deep cycles" with my 770 as I /thought/ this was the best way to run it but, as I say, I'd be really interested to see something conclusive saying the opposite!

Many thanks!
Jaycee
Check this article out http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

Based on this, I try to do two or three full discharges with a Lithium Ion or Polymer batter and then after that, keep it topped up. LIon batteries don't suffer the memory effect of older NiMh batteries, and even those have improved to the extent that the memory effect is much reduced.

Apple suggest a complete discharge once a month for battery conditioning, though I tend not to follow that suggestion.

Last edited by andymulhearn; 2005-12-21 at 13:17.

I bought a Nokia car charger, at CompUSA for $12 US. But you can get them (the DC-4) on eBay for about $8 or $9 US. I keep the charger in my car always, and then I have it at work, since I drive to work, and I leave the regular charger at home. If the 770 was to ever run out of power during the day (unlikely), I could always take it out and stick it in the car to charge.

I get exceptional life out of the batteries - 4 or 5 if I am streaming radio, and basically all day if I am simply surfing the web. As a regular tablet, without using the internet, it will last longer. I am really pleased with the battery life.

If you have a short battery life, just turn the brightness down a little, and maybe decrease the sleep time setting.

How long does it take to complete a "full charge"?

How well does that one work?

Then maybe one could combine it with this cheap product: http://store.sundancesolar.com/flsobachfor4.html ?

Originally Posted by gregh2000

I found this thing called a "cell rescue" it was on clearance at compusa for like 1.94 or something. it takes 3 AAA batteries and can charge a Nokia phone. I use it with a CA-44 and it can power the 770. This could be one idea use some velco or something to attach it to the back of the 770 or something. Plus it has a built in flashlight, lol. Here is the link to compusa.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...310&pfp=SEARCH

Last edited by cybe; 2006-06-14 at 21:15.

Originally Posted by seindal
If you play music you'll get around three hours on a full charge.
Or maybe a little more. I tried playing some mp3s non-stop, and the 770 kept on going for around 16 hours.

Streaming music over the network would be a different matter.