Active Topics

I am the Network Engineer at my workplace and have access to the Exchange Server (2007). I enabled the Allow non-provisionable devices setting but still keep getting the "Exchange account disabled .Access refused" error message.

The exchange 2007 is using self-signed certificates and does not have SSL.

Also on the N900, it has the latest update on it.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by bornsavage View Post
does your self-signed cert have a correct CA field?

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by bornsavage View Post
If it does not use SSL, then use HTTP, not HTTPS. But it looks like you have misspelled somewhere. Self-signed certificate is mentioned and in the same time you told that Exchange does not use SSL. Sounds strange...

Here is a log file for N900 attempting to sync to a Kerio 6.7.3 Patch 1 server for the first time and receiving the "Error communicating with Exchange server".

SSL is working at least as confirmed by Modest successfully connecting to server via IMAP.
I've changed username to MyUserName.
There was also a shortened, three letter, version of my user name. That also was replaced with MyUserName.
Any reference to my server has been replaced with example.com.

Grep'd on term error and found: 5, 6, (3, 901)

Saw that DeviceType=SmartPhone on one of the lines and this matches to what I see in the Kerio admin interface. Would be nice if it read N900 or Maemo 5, as the other devices state their proper name such as iPhone, Nokia5800XpressMusic, iPod, etc.

Last edited by mark-maemo; 2010-01-25 at 17:30.

I also noticed in the log that version seemed strange. My phone is patched to version 2.2009.51-1.002 as shown in the About screen. However in the log I see "Nokia-N900-42-11". Are these version numbers correct?

I'm guessing Nokia-N900-42-11 refers specifically to version of MfE?

Last edited by mark-maemo; 2010-01-20 at 14:54. Reason: Adding info

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by mark-maemo View Post
I also noticed in the log that version seemed strange. My phone is patched to version 2.2009.51-1.002 as shown in the About screen. However in the log I see "Nokia-N900-42-11". Are these version numbers correct?

I'm guessing Nokia-N900-42-11 refers specifically to version of MfE?
This probably refers to the hostname of the device. This is not updated by the firmware update, so remains at the default. You can change this by (as root) editing /etc/hostname and rebooting.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Does MfE support wildcard certificates? I'm getting the "Either Exchange server requires secure connection or account is disabled" error when trying to sync using a wildcard certificate. I've set up a connection on a different port using an internally generated server certificate and that works fine (well, connects anyway, it's still not finishing synchronising but I need to dig into that a bit more).
Looks like wildcard certificates do work okay. The problem is that MfE is not following the certificate chain (which the server makes available). I have to extract & load the immediate parent CA certificate in order for MfE to work.

Originally Posted by mark-maemo View Post
Here is a log file for N900 attempting to sync to a Kerio 6.7.3 Patch 1 server for the first time and receiving the "Error communicating with Exchange server".

SSL is working at least as confirmed by Modest successfully connecting to server via IMAP.
I've changed username to MyUserName.
There was also a shortened, three letter, version of my user name. That also was replaced with MyUserName.
Any reference to my server has been replaced with example.com.

Grep'd on term error and found: 5, 6, (3, 901)

Saw that DeviceType=SmartPhone on one of the lines and this matches to what I see in the Kerio admin interface. Would be nice if it read N900 or Maemo 5, as the other devices state their proper name such as iPhone, Nokia5800XpressMusic, iPod, etc.
Not sure if it makes a difference but I made a typo when setting up the log levels. I typed:

gconftool-2 -s --type=int /apps/activesync/AsStatus/Syslog/MinLogLevel 0

instead of:
gconftool-2 -s --type=int /apps/activesync/AsStatusApplet/Syslog/MinLogLevel 0

So I am uploading another log file.

Last edited by mark-maemo; 2010-01-25 at 17:28.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
This probably refers to the hostname of the device. This is not updated by the firmware update, so remains at the default. You can change this by (as root) editing /etc/hostname and rebooting.
I believe you are correct as I see that is the contents of /etc/hostname and syslogd typically places the hostname into the log line.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich, Germany
Thanx to Vitaly & the dev team I now managed to sync my N900 with my Scalix Groupware Server via Active Sync like a charm.

The reason for not being able to sync is obviously a misbehaviour either on the Scalix side (EAS 12.0/12.1 not being fully implemented) or on the MfE side. No matter which side actually causes the problem, Vitaly came up with a simple workaround to fix it!

I forced the N900 to only use EAS 2.5 no matter what the initial sync negotiation would come up with. If Vitaly agrees I would post a short howto here on the forum.

THX Vitaly. You made my day! Go have a beer on my tap tonite!

The Following User Says Thank You to tomster For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!