Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Erebo View Post
it it possible to save a picture to the camera folder?
If you long press (tap-and-hold) on the image, it should open a menu where you can chose "Open" and it will launch in the photoviewer, from where you can save it and do other image related stuff

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frals View Post
If you long press (tap-and-hold) on the image, it should open a menu where you can chose "Open" and it will launch in the photoviewer, from where you can save it and do other image related stuff
i make the long press and chose open, but nothing happens

thanks BTW

The Following User Says Thank You to Erebo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Erebo View Post
i make the long press and chose open, but nothing happens

thanks BTW
Opsi, seems like I've managed to do something to that functionality - I'll have it fixed it in the next release. Thanks for testing!

After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Opsi, seems like I've managed to do something to that functionality - I'll have it fixed it in the next release. Thanks for testing!

no no thank you

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Nice job!

couple of things
-It took couple of days to figure out that i have to manually connect first to mms ap. Now it says this after install and thats nice.
-I sent image to myself and i got two notifications? when i tried to open message it said "fetching..." and text faded away i waited 2s and pressed message about 5 times but nothing happened. Until suddeny perhaps 8 seconds after pressing it message opened for 5 times. So some kind of feedback would be nice because if there is now loading animation I start pressing buttons and its indication of hang process to me at least

But great job!

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
This is weird. Only one friend MMS image was big(25% of N900 screen) while the rest images are very small.(Small as in the size of shortcut icon for app) I tested sending an image to myself and the image was 25% of the screen.

Should I increase the resize to 600 from 300?

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Nice job!

couple of things
-It took couple of days to figure out that i have to manually connect first to mms ap. Now it says this after install and thats nice.
-I sent image to myself and i got two notifications? when i tried to open message it said "fetching..." and text faded away i waited 2s and pressed message about 5 times but nothing happened. Until suddeny perhaps 8 seconds after pressing it message opened for 5 times. So some kind of feedback would be nice because if there is now loading animation I start pressing buttons and its indication of hang process to me at least

But great job!
One notification is the "SMS Push", which basically notifies you that there is a MMS to be downloaded - if you are on the "wrong" connection, this is all that happens. However if it's possible the actual MMS will be automatically downloaded, which triggers the second notification.
Yes, the loading indicator is a work in progress, as of now it's not really working like it should due to various issues in my code - I've planned a rewrite of the UI which should take care of this, can't say when it's happening thou

Originally Posted by jn183 View Post
This is weird. Only one friend MMS image was big(25% of N900 screen) while the rest images are very small.(Small as in the size of shortcut icon for app) I tested sending an image to myself and the image was 25% of the screen.

Should I increase the resize to 600 from 300?
Weird if one of the images arrived bigger than the rest, I assumed they would all get resized the same. Either way, it's a known issue (see a couple of posts back about UAProf) and being investigated

The image resize is _only_ for outgoing messages, hence changing it does not affect inbound

fMMS - MMS for your N900

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Thanks for filling in the missing bits of data, peoples.

We're up to date in the wiki again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Big thanks to frals, now I can confirm Finnish DNA network to the list of working settings:

dnaMMS:

http://mmsc.dnafinland.fi
apn: mms
proxy: 10.1.1.2:8080
username: dna
password: mms

connection type: packet data (this is now added to wiki)

Last edited by labra; 2010-01-20 at 20:09. Reason: connection type

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Hi Labra,

Just for completeness, can you let us know the connection type?

Thanks
(Added)

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python