Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Known problem, no known solution atm though I'm afraid
Would it be feasible in fmms to mask / unmask the apn entry using gconftool so that there is only one umts connection in ICD when fmms is not actively engaged in sending / receiving?

The Following User Says Thank You to aboaboit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by aboaboit View Post
Would it be feasible in fmms to mask / unmask the apn entry using gconftool so that there is only one umts connection in ICD when fmms is not actively engaged in sending / receiving?
I've actually thought about something like this - I'll see if I can get it implemented in a nice way. Great idea!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
[2010-01-20 23:14:19] fmms 0.2.3-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository

changelog:
Code:
0.2.3:
	* fixed bug where long-tap -> "open" would not launch imageviewer
	* added search in contact list when sending
	* now sends x-wap-profile header when sending mms
didn't read the ua-prof docs that carefully, but sending the x-wap-profile header might help

After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frals View Post
[2010-01-20 23:14:19] fmms 0.2.3-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository

changelog:
Code:
0.2.3:
	* fixed bug where long-tap -> "open" would not launch imageviewer
	* added search in contact list when sending
	* now sends x-wap-profile header when sending mms
didn't read the ua-prof docs that carefully, but sending the x-wap-profile header might help
FYI frals, I have been testing setting x-wap-profile in the past few nights but unfortunately I have not been able to get the results I am hoping for.

I checked fmms v0.2.3, and it appears that x-wap-profile is set when sending MMS but not when receiving MMS.

My approach is to set it during MMS retrieval so the server can properly identify the capabilities of the N900.

For my test, I lowered MmsMaxImageResolution in the rdf to some significantly small resolution. (I am doing this because I am able to receive images in its original size)

I will keep trying later and if interested, I can post my findings here.

Thanks for all the great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to benaranguren For This Useful Post:
I manage to receive mms from my network provider DiGi

my problem is sending it out...

error states

MMSC REPLIED:403_FORBIDDEN BODY:<?xml version="1.0"?><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC'-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0 //EN'

anyone any idea???

Originally Posted by benaranguren View Post
FYI frals, I have been testing setting x-wap-profile in the past few nights but unfortunately I have not been able to get the results I am hoping for.

I checked fmms v0.2.3, and it appears that x-wap-profile is set when sending MMS but not when receiving MMS.

My approach is to set it during MMS retrieval so the server can properly identify the capabilities of the N900.

For my test, I lowered MmsMaxImageResolution in the rdf to some significantly small resolution. (I am doing this because I am able to receive images in its original size)

I will keep trying later and if interested, I can post my findings here.

Thanks for all the great work!
Uh, I blame brain meltdown for setting it when sending, obviously it makes more sense to do it when receiving.

Please do.

Thanks!

@firstknight: did that appear only in the latest version?

fMMS - MMS for your N900

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by dread123 View Post
wonder how long before its intergrated into maemo framework lol

has Nokia not contacted you yet to "borrow" your work
We have contacted frals to congratulate him for his work, and to offer him concrete help in areas where help is missing. Nothing new, we have been doing this with other Fremantle stars (I guess nobody doubts that frals is a Star).

We will help him with the UI in the lines of the UX Meets Code hackfest, and we will also help dealing with some Maemo interfaces fMMS needs (the release of the wappushd-dev package in the last Maemo SDK update was a first step).

In fact we have invited frals to visit the Maemo headquarters in Helsinki, so he can meet our developers and designers face to face. Sweden is just around the corner anyway.

Said that, we have no intention of supporting MMS in Fremantle ourselves. That was and is our plan. The fact that MMS got a big user demand and the fact that an open source community project is satisfying it just tells you that there is something good going on here.

The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
We have contacted frals to congratulate him for his work, and to offer him concrete help in areas where help is missing. Nothing new, we have been doing this with other Fremantle stars (I guess nobody doubts that frals is a Star).

We will help him with the UI in the lines of the UX Meets Code hackfest, and we will also help dealing with some Maemo interfaces fMMS needs (the release of the wappushd-dev package in the last Maemo SDK update was a first step).

In fact we have invited frals to visit the Maemo headquarters in Helsinki, so he can meet our developers and designers face to face. Sweden is just around the corner anyway.

Said that, we have no intention of supporting MMS in Fremantle ourselves. That was and is our plan. The fact that MMS got a big user demand and the fact that an open source community project is satisfying it just tells you that there is something good going on here.
Thanks for that Q, useful to know
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Thanks qgil

Also a big thanks to claesbas and http://www.maemosweden.com for creating a new video of fMMS and fAPN in action (short how-to on setting it up): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PweDR6I0Bt0

fMMS - MMS for your N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Thanks frals!

I have added a short interview with frals on maemosweden.com. It is in Swedish but with some (span class="notranslate") tags it is read-able via the google translate function on the site.

English: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...V48OXOAYh37CHg

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claesbas For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python