Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
It should be funny, in order to be a joke. However, all I'm getting are "http://404.htm Funny Not Found" Errors...

I have notice they are suing each other... dude. What's your point? Companies sue each other over patent infringements, a daily basis.
Just give it up. If you don't laugh is ok but don't try to fool yourself by being wise because you don't accomplish anything by doing so. I'm sorry to say. Sigh* I don't get people like you

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Seriously? iCrap? Its a phone for crying out loud, stop being a fanboy. Nokia did not invent multitasking, all the smartphone platforms have it (unofficially on iPhone). Nokia has the best implementation right now (IMO), but Apple can change that if they can pull it off.

For the claims of it being the most computer like, its just marketing bu||sh*t, which Apple is great at.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Seriously? iCrap? Its a phone for crying out loud, stop being a fanboy. Nokia did not invent multitasking, all the smartphone platforms have it (unofficially on iPhone). Nokia has the best implementation right now (IMO), but Apple can change that if they can pull it off.

For the claims of it being the most computer like, its just marketing bu||sh*t, which Apple is great at.
I never said they did nor did i say apple will fail. Why you getting all worked up about it? Calling me a fanboy is funny when i did say "sometimes i want to go for an iCrap" learn to read before posting please. Bashing does not get you anywhere =) iCrap is the new name that goes around nowadays btw so don't get offended if your favorite phone is called that way XD and yet you call me a fanboy lol

Originally Posted by xobegnaro View Post
iCrap your ***. N900 will be totally obliterated by the new iPhone.
It already does with the apps hehe. BTW having fun trolling around Maemo forums? since you just joined and is your first post hehe

The Following User Says Thank You to franny87 For This Useful Post:
The only interesting part of this for me is...
Whatever tablet market advantage have had since the 770 is gone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Could someone explain to me how an iPhone 3G with an update is more of a PC than N900? What am I missing? Do they mean more than any iPhone to date?

I'm "really excited" too. Love the quotes.
The new firmware update will add in a new hardware keyboard

The Following User Says Thank You to Thor For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by franny87 View Post
It already does with the apps hehe. BTW having fun trolling around Maemo forums? since you just joined and is your first post hehe
Spell the name backwards then search... not his first post here.

I just love how many names come out for the competition from this crowd. I want to see something totally original for once.

Multitasking has been in the jailbreak scene for a while. If anything, that scene has been slightly ahead of Apple - copy and paste, multiple ways to scroll through apps, Google Voice, terminal/SSH, among MANY other things the jailbreak scene has added to that platform.

I can't say if OS 4.0 will be what I've been looking for in terms of multi-tasking - probably will not, the N900 has that part covered lovely - but them adding it is not inspired by anything other than the fact that their desktops do it already. Why not the phone?

Now... N900 needs more apps. When they get more, does that mean the iCrap inspired the N900? Hmm?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Afaik, Palm Pre was the first iPhone direct competitor on the touch-screen smartphone market that advertised multitasking. N900 was largely unknown by the time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Heh, I always had the feeling that Apple implement features only after the advancements in hardware would make those features easy to implement with some extra performance margin. Bringing multitasking to the current iPhone hardware would lead IMO to no less whining and cursing from iLusers than we've read on this forum from "disalusioned" N900 owners...
I agree. Their "100,000 apps" aren't optimised to work in a multi-tasking environment either Multiple open apps will be fighting to use RAM, processor cycles etc

I considered the iPhone before buying the N82 when it came out, re-considered again before getting a Blackberry Bold instead, and et again before upgrading the N82 to the N900.

They'll keep people stuck in iTunes which just puts me off. The one time I installed it last year to see what the fuss was all about, it had auto startup things going on and looked like bloatware. I am much happier with drag and drop and SD cards

I considered getting an iPod Touch last night but remembered the Tunes problem, so that's off unless I get one for £10...! I don't really want to get multiple non-standard chargers and computer connectors either, I have enough micro and mini USB cables already.