Active Topics

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
Name:  NOKIA N99.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  39.7 KB What Would You Do With This?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Sweden
If it's running a "real" OS like linux and no mickey mouse sh*t like symbian, I might just buy it.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by mutex View Post
If it's running a "real" OS like linux and no mickey mouse sh*t like symbian, I might just buy it.
Actually, Symbian is a pretty mature, very memory-friendly and extremely stable OS. In fact, the only thing it's got going against it, is that it ain't OSS.

thanks KAREL JANSENS I think symbian is a great program thats main reason i Love Nokia

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Sadavyk View Post
thanks KAREL JANSENS I think symbian is a great program thats main reason i Love Nokia
Actually, and this may disappoint you, I'm much more a fan of Symbian-UIQ (which Nokia shuns) than of Symbian-S60. I did, sort of, like the Series 80 from afar -- mainly because it reminded me of my Psion Series 3a, which I still rank among the best PDAs ever made.

Well, behind the Newton MessagePad 2100.

Obviously...

Your right, but I would have to still say I pick Nokia only because my first PDA and I hope its safe to say, was n9500. I know thats why i'm still a newbie

Last edited by Sadavyk; 2007-05-16 at 23:16.

Originally Posted by Sadavyk View Post
Your right, but I would have to still say I pick Nokia only because my first PDA and I hope its safe to say, was n9500. I know thats why i'm still a newbie
The 9500 Communicator is an icon, IMHO one of the greatest portable computers (it's almost blaphemy to call it "just" a PDA) ever. The E90 really is a step back in the software department (S60 cannot accomplish all the tasks Series 80 could).

And anyone who's used a 9500 really shouldn't call themselves newbies.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
It would appear that Ari Jaaksi thinks home grown "mobile" operating systems (eg. Symbian, Win Mob etc.) are a dying breed.

Now thats good to hear and thats why Wednesday 25 july I will be as happy as a bird
The legend evolves into an all-inclusive Nokia Eseries business device
Features:
Operating System Symbian OS Version 9.2
Network GSM quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
Memory 128MB free for user and applications
Wireless Technologies Bluetooth/WLAN(IEEE 802.11g)
Display Dual 16 million colour displays
Expansion Slot MicroSD
Dimensions 132mm x 57mm x 20mm
Camera 3.2MP with Flash and Autofocus

The Nokia E90 Communicator sets the standard for an uncompromised “mobile office” experience. The latest technologies at the core of the device bring business necessities and personal amenities to the hands of people independent of time and place.
Fast and inexpensive connections over WLAN and HSDPA-enhanced 3G accelerate the mobile use of data- and transmission-rich applications. The interface to business and leisure applications and the Internet, the stunning Nokia S60 browser, with 16 million colors, is capable of displaying the full width of a web page at once.

The Nokia E90 Communicator is now based on the S60 platform, making a wealth of additional mobile applications available for its users. The Nokia E90 Communicator also has an integrated GPS and Nokia Maps application to provide help in finding routes and locating services. For increased personal convenience, the Nokia E90 Communicator is equipped with an FM radio, a music player, a video player and two cameras -- a 3.2MP auto focus camera with flash and a second camera for videoconferencing.

In the box:
- Nokia E90 Communicator
- Nokia Battery BP-4L (1500 mAh)
- Wired stereo headset (HS-47)
- Travel Charger (AC-4)
- Connectivity cable (DKE-2)
- Memory card (microSD 512MB) - may vary at country level
- Quick Start guide
- User manual
- DVD ROM including the Nokia PC suite application

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
It would appear that Ari Jaaksi thinks home grown "mobile" operating systems (eg. Symbian, Win Mob etc.) are a dying breed.
Yes. He would, wouldn't he?